FS: 2002 Jetta STL, MO

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This is a fixer upper, I have already fixed the major stuff.

2002 sedan, GLS w/ sunroof, black cloth interior, Tornado red, manual transmission.

293k miles, maintained by me personally since around 70k. DFIS pump rebuild installed last year, along with timing belt and related stuff. Bilstein HD shocks all around, newer battery, runs and shifts perfect.

Owner crashed it and bent the rear beam (bad), and bent the left front control arm and wheel bearing carrier. I put a good used beam in, with new bushings, a new control arm, and a good used wheel bearing carrier. It aligned up OK. It bent three of the Avus wheels and blew out tires, so I stuck a set of steelies on it but they are wrapped in some VERY old tires although they do have tread.

It blew the driver side seat bag, as well as the driver side curtain bag. I just cut them out of the way so I could drive the car. It also is missing the front bumper cover, grills, and bumper styrofoam support, and the RF fender liner is mangled.

Clearcoat is peeling all over, but the car is in decent shape for its age/mileage overall. A little dirty inside, not too bad. Non-smoker.

It could be easily put back in service (what I would do) or would be a good parts car. It runs perfectly, the engine is still good and strong, doesn't smoke, starts easily, uses very little oil, and still will get 45+ MPGs. It was all highway, clutch/trans/flywheel all original. He took very good care of the car's PM.

I'd like to get $1500 out of it, for some reason I could not post pictures here, but if you don't know what a Tornado Red A4 Jetta sedan looks like, you must be a stranger here, LOL. Car is driveable, but would need the LF fender liner removed so it doesn't drag on the tire. Otherwise, trailer or dolly would be best.

Don't ask what it would take to fix it. $1500 is what it will take to drive/tow it away. I have too many projects, and need a new lawnmower. :eek: