Timing Belt & Water Pump
Crank Seal, Bolt and Cam Seal
Thermostat & Housing
Fuel, Air, Oil, Cabin Filters Changed
Trans Service with Fluid/Filter
Intake Manifold Cleaning
Brake Rotors and Pads (All 4 corners)
Brake Fluid Flush
Suspension Refresh (Complete Tie-Rods both sides, R32 LCA Bushings, Upper Strut Bushings)
New Tires (Yokohama Avid Touring S)
Alignment
Glass Headlights
New Proper TDI Battery

All chassis and maintenance parts were sourced from IdParts.

So, to start off the story. I acquired this TDI back in June of 2020. The older gentleman that owned it previously used it for small trips around town and to commute occasionally to his job about 30 miles away. He bought it in 2005 and was the second owner. I am the third. He sold the car due to retiring and wanting something fun. He was referred to me through a mutual friend, because of my weird affection for Vws.

It was mostly garage kept and it shows. There are however a few imperfections that keep it from being flawless. A few nicks and scratches here and there as well as the drivers side fender starting to show some bubbling paint. I've since removed the foam from both sides as well as cleaned out both fenders. The rockers are in beautiful shape. I've tried to capture in the pictures any discrepancies. It is an 18 year old car that's been well taken care of, but things do happen.

This is the tightest, quietest Mk4 I've ever driven. I originally bought the car under the assumption that I'm going to use it as a daily driver. After going over the car with a fine toothed comb, I had to do the maintenance, as he had no records other than oil changes and odds and ends up until this point. I finished it around the end of June and the car has been mostly sitting since. I do not want to drive it to work as its a short-ish commute and my free time due to work is next to none. So it must go.

The car needs a good forever home. It needs absolutely nothing but to follow the maintenance schedule. All of the big stuff has been done. I've done all of the work myself. Timing was properly set via Vag-Com. Proper locks and pins were used in the timing job. I've cut many a teeth working on tdis. I can provide parts receipts to interested parties as well as any screenshots from VCDS you wish to see. The trans service was done with proper spec fluid and was only done as preventative service. The trans, cold or hot, low or high load, shifts flawlessly and shows no 01M quirks or issues. Everything works on the inside, including the armrest and glovebox. Two keys are included. I do not have the valet key.

The car is awaiting a final detail and I'll do so once a arrangement has been made between myself and a buyer. I'll have the inside completely shampoo'ed and cleaned/sanitized to help mitigate any Covid concerns.

Price is 6950.

Reasonable offers can be discussed. I'll include delivery up to 500mi at full asking price. Please send a PM and I'll respond with my email and/or phone number if you wish to talk any details. Also feel free to ask any questions or if you want more pictures, I can do that too.

Flicker Album is available here:

DSC02224 by Matt Small, on Flickr

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I'm sure there are tiny flaws, but it looks brand new to me.

mdtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta tdi "Blue Bob"
Important Details right off of the bat:

2002 Vw Jetta Tdi
Auto (01M)
58k Miles

Recent Maintenance Performed (@57,600 miles):
Timing Belt & Water Pump
Crank Seal, Bolt and Cam Seal
Thermostat & Housing
Fuel, Air, Oil, Cabin Filters Changed
Trans Service with Fluid/Filter
Intake Manifold Cleaning
Brake Rotors and Pads (All 4 corners)
Brake Fluid Flush
Suspension Refresh (Complete Tie-Rods both sides, R32 LCA Bushings, Upper Strut Bushings)
New Tires (Yokohama Avid Touring S)
Alignment
Glass Headlights
New Proper TDI Battery

All chassis and maintenance parts were sourced from IdParts.

So, to start off the story. I acquired this TDI back in June of 2020. The older gentleman that owned it previously used it for small trips around town and to commute occasionally to his job about 30 miles away. He bought it in 2005 and was the second owner. I am the third. He sold the car due to retiring and wanting something fun. He was referred to me through a mutual friend, because of my weird affection for Vws.

It was mostly garage kept and it shows. There are however a few imperfections that keep it from being flawless. A few nicks and scratches here and there as well as the drivers side fender starting to show some bubbling paint. I've since removed the foam from both sides as well as cleaned out both fenders. The rockers are in beautiful shape. I've tried to capture in the pictures any discrepancies. It is an 18 year old car that's been well taken care of, but things do happen.

This is the tightest, quietest Mk4 I've ever driven. I originally bought the car under the assumption that I'm going to use it as a daily driver. After going over the car with a fine toothed comb, I had to do the maintenance, as he had no records other than oil changes and odds and ends up until this point. I finished it around the end of June and the car has been mostly sitting since. I do not want to drive it to work as its a short-ish commute and my free time due to work is next to none. So it must go.

The car needs a good forever home. It needs absolutely nothing but to follow the maintenance schedule. All of the big stuff has been done. I've done all of the work myself. Timing was properly set via Vag-Com. Proper locks and pins were used in the timing job. I've cut many a teeth working on tdis. I can provide parts receipts to interested parties as well as any screenshots from VCDS you wish to see. The trans service was done with proper spec fluid and was only done as preventative service. The trans, cold or hot, low or high load, shifts flawlessly and shows no 01M quirks or issues. Everything works on the inside, including the armrest and glovebox. Two keys are included. I do not have the valet key.

The car is awaiting a final detail and I'll do so once a arrangement has been made between myself and a buyer. I'll have the inside completely shampoo'ed and cleaned/sanitized to help mitigate any Covid concerns.

Price is 6950.

Reasonable offers can be discussed. I'll include delivery up to 500mi at full asking price. Please send a PM and I'll respond with my email and/or phone number if you wish to talk any details. Also feel free to ask any questions or if you want more pictures, I can do that too.

Flicker Album is available here:

DSC02224 by Matt Small, on Flickr
Nice car that would be too much for me. I can do 5k

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
All American market TDIs have A/C.

I'd love to have a low mileage sedan. But I'd prefer an '02 or '03, and the interior color is a deal killer for me. Maybe if it were rust-free it would be worth the effort and expense of a manual swap.