FS: 2002 Golf TDI 5-spd - 215k - Denver, CO - SOLD

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf

It’s been a great 3 years of ownership but we both upgraded to larger vehicles for our family needs and she no longer gets used as often. I’ve owned this 2002 Golf TDI since October of 2020(purchased on the forum) and have replaced a lot to ensure a great ride. We have another baby due soon and it was last used a couple of months ago while the winter was still raging here in Denver.

I am asking $3,500obo with title ready to be signed over. You may see me edit this post as I am trying to remember everything that was replaced.

215,122 miles - will not go up much as we are not using it.
204k miles - timing belt(previous owner)
204k miles - stage 2 clutch(previous owner)

Since 209k miles when I bought:

-new coolant
-new brake fluid
-new oil change and filter
-new air filter
-new cabin filter
-new fuel filter
-power steering fluid good
-clean EGR
-all new vacuum lines
-new battery
-new used injection pump from Kerma(bought from TDI member 30k miles)
-new alternator
-new glow plugs
-new glow plug harness
-New MAF
-New intercooler
-New pancake pipe
-New gear oil
-New oil cooler seal repair and oil
-New wheel bearing on passenger side front and rear
-new suspension lifted with springs - Quick strut with MOOG springs front - Sachs rear shocks with MOOG springs in back. All new hardware from ID Parts too.
-new frost heater
-new skid plate
-Audi TT short shifter
-520 injectors
-Kerma tuned(currently off in attempt to pass emissions in Denver). Kerma tuner included
-new fuel pump - wired directly from battery with switch. Previous owner added in tank fuel pump for some reason. Anuthee from Diesel Land saw no reason to swap over to original fuel sender so just bought a new one from ID Parts when it gave out.
-new accelerator pedal(wasn’t the issue it turned out but new nonetheless)
-Snow tires - plenty of life
-stock exhaust is on the car and will come with aftermarket catless downpipe
-EGR delete will come with car. Kerma tune works with both items deleted.

-80% of this work was completed by Anuthee at Diesel Land before he closed shop recently.

The bad stuff:

-Does not pass Denver Emissions. It would pass emissions in COS or Evergreen because they don’t have it! It has full emissions gear but I need to switch to stock injectors. Since I am not driving the car, I will not be doing that. I do have the originals that will come with the car for the next owner to do so.

-Slight rust driver and passenger front wheel wells

-Radio works but speakers aren’t the strongest

-Interior is fair. Some trip pieces need tightening up. No rips in the cloth and heated seats work amazing.

-Key fob doesn’t always electronically lock and unlock vehicle. Key in the door is fine.

-Trunk piston needs replacing. Does not hold up

-No rear head rests

-windshield wiper fluid does not work. Previous owner cut the line?? I added the tank in the engine bay to turn off the “low fluid light” lol.

-Windshield is cracked - does not impede vision which is cool

-No AC - heat works great. AC holds Freon but doesn’t pump cold.

-Radiator fan never worked from previous owner. Hasn’t been an issue.

-When I added the new fuel pump, I wired power directly from the battery to the pump with a switch. The car does NOT need the switch to be on in order to start. It just adds extra fuel if needed. I could have done a better job but just needed it to work and have power when it gave out on the old pump a while ago.

-Front bumper is on but held with that driver side yellow zip tie. Bought it like that, no clue and didn’t care.

I do have an extra parts box that will come with the sale. Keep me posted if you are interested and happy to give this one a new home!

For quickest response, 414-916-0200.

Dustin

Last edited:

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
This makes me feel all funny in my stomache. What a car and local too!!

Serious interest I am just not actually in a position to buy it... Going to talk to the bank to see if they can help me out.

Trying to unload my 2019 Alltrack, and replace it with an ALH tdi to match my 2001 TDI.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Keep me posted!

Ill trade you my 02 TDI and 12 A3 TDI(74k miles)S-Line with titanium package for your Alltrack 👍😂

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Thanks for coming by ItAintRodKnock! Sorry it wasn’t the exact one you were looking for.

ItAintRodKnock scanned for codes 3 separate times and came back with no issues on the computer side. Just a few items that didn’t make it his perfect purchase.

Still for sale - keep me posted

Last edited:

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Correct, I cleared the codes and they never came back before or after a cruise. Overall, the car has desireable mods and the rust is not that bad; yet!

Motor is peppy and clutch is very fresh. This car will sell soon to the right person, its just not the car for me at this time! 👍

envjust

TDI
2001 Golf TDI; 2003 Golf TDI 2-dr; 2002 Audi A4 AWD TDI 6-speed
Well, some codes take a drive cycle or two, depending on what they are. Not saying there is an issue, but clearing and not coming back near-term may not be definitive of much. AC may not be working due to fan control not working. Good price and rig, as long as the fuel pump "wiring" isnt an issue.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Well, some codes take a drive cycle or two, depending on what they are. Not saying there is an issue, but clearing and not coming back near-term may not be definitive of much. AC may not be working due to fan control not working. Good price and rig, as long as the fuel pump "wiring" isnt an issue.
NO CEL and I didn’t clear a code from when I swapped out the throttle pedal.

Wiring is OEM from the lift pump to wherever that wiring goes. To get it power, I had to run a wire with a switch directly from the battery to it is all.

https://www.idparts.com/tank-lift-pump-install-kit-p-911.html

I have half of this kit installed basically. I didn’t know what the wire from the battery to the fuel pump was at the time so I snipped it LOL. Had to just re-run a power wire and it was good to go.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
We had our 2nd baby 3 days ago! Time to officially make room in the driveway.

Make an offer and see if it sticks 👍

CantWrite

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon (BHW/5-spd conv, 03T). I keep in touch with the (2) ALH's I sold.
Alright people that do not live in an emissions place. Dustin is SUPER chill and really nice to talk too!! I still cannot believe this car has not sold. I wanna buy it but alas, my wife says something else must leave the driveway before I can bring another car home. So does anyone wanna buy a.....

2002 Dodge Cummins NV-5600, all stock, 218K. (PAC-brake, flat-bed, dump bed)
1992 E-350 Extended Body, High-top, all stock, 81k original miles. (4.10's)
2005 B5.5, EEN (3.73) 5-spd swapped, 194k.

Bump for a great guy who just had a baby

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Alright people that do not live in an emissions place. Dustin is SUPER chill and really nice to talk too!! I still cannot believe this car has not sold. I wanna buy it but alas, my wife says something else must leave the driveway before I can bring another car home. So does anyone wanna buy a.....

2002 Dodge Cummins NV-5600, all stock, 218K. (PAC-brake, flat-bed, dump bed)
1992 E-350 Extended Body, High-top, all stock, 81k original miles. (4.10's)
2005 B5.5, EEN (3.73) 5-spd swapped, 194k.

Bump for a great guy who just had a baby
Thank you for the amazing words and bump! I am also blown away this hasn’t sold yet. But hey, the right buyer will come along and get a well sorted out TDI for little investment 👍