FS: 2002 Golf TDI 300k $1500 (Sold)

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
For sale $1500, 2002 Golf TDI manual transmission.

Located in Gibsonia PA

299,269 miles. I bought the car in 2003 with 48,000 miles on it and it has been properly maintained ever since. All oil changes were done at 10, miles with Rotella 5w40 full synthetic. All filter changes at proper intervals also. All filters were bought from Peter at idparts. All timing belt changes were done by Jon Hamilton and the last one was at 260,000 miles so the belt is good until 360,000. The car still returns a minimum of 41mpg no matter how you drive it and routinely will hit 46-48 on the highway depending how hilly the trip and how fast you drive.

I originally planned on fixing everything on the car that needs attention. I didn't plan on selling the car and don't want to sell it, but I'm somewhat overwhelmed in life and don't have time to work on the car. My parents are both elderly and caring for them isn't allowing any time outside of work to play with cars and I don't see things getting better anytime in the near future.

The car is heavily modded, it runs and drives, but needs some repairs. The hood has some rust spots. I planned on finding a silver hood at a junkyard, but life changed and I didn't have time to pursue it. The lower fender corner is rusted on the driver side. The lower rocker has a little rust on the passenger side.

List of mods:

Rocketchip stage 3
Sprint 520 injectors
EGR is deleted and a Dieselgeek racepipe installed. I have the original EGR valve
Boost gauge and column pop
Snow screen has been removed
CCV is piped out of the car through a hose exiting under the car
Full Jetta GLI Wolfsburg interior
GLI 2Blue/2White front springs
Koni SRT shocks and struts
DRW code six speed transmission
16" GTI Montreal II wheel with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires

Repairs that are needed.

Driver front wheel speed sensor is bad and causing a ABS and Brake light on dash
There is a coolant pipe that runs along the right side of the block that is connected on both ends to hoses is rusted and needs replaced.
The pipe is leaking and is causing a coolant sensor light to appear on dash
The rear brakes need replaced, the fronts might be alright once it is driven, but the rotors are rusty
There is an exhaust leak
Front left motor mount needs replaced
Cloth on front door panels needs repaired/glued
Needs a new radio antenna
The headliner is sagging like every other MK4

Last edited:

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Yea look at the time i asked and look at when the OP edited the post. It did not have a location originally but thanks for the clarification either way

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
I edited it after Louie asked about it. The old forum software displayed the members location and I didn't realize the new software didn't.