• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

FS: Head, Injectors, Load Bars with Ski Carriers, Fuel Pump, Diesel Compression Test set.

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
A while ago I posted a part out. Only managed to sell the Turbo before I had to haul the car away. I have the following left

I kept pretty decent records over the years so here's some of the choice components:
Asking: (USD)OD (KM)KMMilesDateYearsDays
CarNA2001 Jetta TDI
387409​
387409​
242130.6​
2021-01-11​
Cylinder Head$450Rebuilt New Valves / Lifters By By Precision Engine Rebuilders of Calgary, AB
345211​
42198​
26373.75​
2018-08-28​
2​
137​
Load Bars$250With Ski Rack
Fuel Pump$100Never rebuilt or fixed While I've owned it since 2009
Injectors$200.205 Nozzels Mounted by Giled
274625​
112784​
70490​
2015-04-12​
5​
276​

There's also a diesel compression tester I'll sell for cheap.

Fuel Pump ($100) (Has been removed since)

Head ($450, recently rebuilt)

Ski Rack and Load Bars. Note that one end Cap is missing because I forgot to lock it once. Should be fine locked on one side, and you can get replacement end caps. I have the keys. $250

Injectors, .205 nozzles, balanced by Giles! $200

Diesel Compression Tester: ($25)

I've got suggested prices on here to help stuff move a bit faster, but I know the crown on here isn't a bunch of kijidiots, so I'm open to offers.

Also, sending messages through the forum is pretty hit and miss, and responding in the thread is very miss and miss. For this reason I've set up an email to sell this stuff, so please direct your inquiries to vwparts@yellowleafengineering.ca

Thanks

Last edited:

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
price on cylinder head shipped to s.c. 29651.thanks
I'll ask for $325 US + Shipping. I'll be able to tell you for sure Once I get it out and weigh it, but I estimated it was roughly 20 lbs which gave me a shipping cost on 7 days for $55 US. So $480? This will not include injectors, as they have been sold, but if you want I'll throw in my intake for free, in case you want to clean your intake before taking your car apart.

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Funny story about the head.... my rebuilder let me source the parts which I got from ID parts. As it happened my wife was visiting her sister in Boston that month so I got her to pick up the parts in person. On her way back to Calgary she doesn't want to check a bag so she stuffs everything in her purse.. and guess what valve guides look like on an x-ray.

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
How much for the EGR Valve shipped to 27406?
Well if you really want... I'll be willing to sell you the thing for $20 with another $50 in shipping ($70). It's dirty though. Pulled the Turbo today to discover the intake is about as coked as it's ever been. Also through experience deep cleaning can result in leaks (The reason this is my second EGR). If I were you I'd just invest in a delete. Today I regretted not doing that myself.

What you should do is buy my intake manifold so you have a spare clean one ready to go when you pull your EGR to minimize your down time ;). (Yes it needs to be cleaned)

Edit: I lowered the price $30 because I had the wrong price for a new one... still I'm not really pushing the hard sale here.

Last edited:

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
Willing to ship the trans/axels/shiftbox/starter and radiator/fans to CA (93003)?

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Willing to ship the trans/axels/shiftbox/starter and radiator/fans to CA (93003)?
I'll ship it to Brazil if you're willing to pay the cost. The average price to ship a transmission is, apparently, about (Edit: $100-$200). To pull a transmission kit like that for you I'd want about $500. Honestly it's more about the cost of my time then anything else at this point. So if $700 sounds economical to you (or you can get it shipped for cheaper) PM me and we can hammer something out.

I like to under-promise and over-deliver when it comes to shipping prices, but whatever it actually costs, I'll be transparent about it. It's just hard to estimate the weight of all that stuff when it's still in the car AND visualize how large the package will be. Things are a lot different when you're a store that sells the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Are you selling the hitch in the images? What brand? Are the rear break calipers available?

Rear calipers are still available.

Hitch I have no idea what brand, it's been on there for over 10 years.

EDIT: I was originally going to make you an offer, but on second thought, they go for about $200 brand new and it will problaby cost at least $50-60 to ship. Then if you pay $40 for it you pay half the price for a new one for one that's seen 12 Canadian winters... probably not worth it. For $40 I don't want to fight to get it off, that's for sure.

Also...where are you seeing my hitch. I have one, but it's not in the photos in this thread.

Last edited:

r.korey

TDI
2003 VW JETTA TDI
The hitch is in a picture you have posted from the 11th, just barely :)
Are selling the roof rack?
And how much to ship (including the rear calipers) to 89507?

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
That's a pretty big package, all together would be $100 US for shipping alone. Like I said, I don't know if I'll be able to get the hitch of... and it will be pretty rusty. Def. Would love to sell you the load bars though. That'd be more like $50 shipping. Do you want the ski carriers or just the bars?

r.korey

TDI
2003 VW JETTA TDI
No worries on the hitch, Just the roof rack bars ( Including the feet on the bars, not sure if these are separate) and the rear calipers.

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
$250US sound good, shipped?

The load bars are all one piece. They lock into the studs behind your weather stripping, it's a nice system. Only thing is I forgot to lock one of the end caps once so one of them is missing.

Do you want the ski carriers?

Tander74

TDI
2002 jetta
Where abouts in CAD are you? If near AB or SK would be interested in the skid plate and load bars pending they don’t sell!

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Where abouts in CAD are you? If near AB or SK would be interested in the skid plate and load bars pending they don’t sell!
I'm in Calgary.... see it below my name? Skid play totally available. Load bars have been asked for upthread, but no commit to buy means their yours if you get them first.

r.korey

TDI
2003 VW JETTA TDI
Hey Deadend,
250 sounds great, do you know if the ski carriers double for snowboards? Right now I have one set for a snowboard but it only fits one board, do you think will fit 2 snowboards instead of ski?
How would you like to proceed for payment?

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey Deadend,
250 sounds great, do you know if the ski carriers double for snowboards? Right now I have one set for a snowboard but it only fits one board, do you think will fit 2 snowboards instead of ski?
How would you like to proceed for payment?
Hey sorry I was asleep at the wheel for a little bit,

The ski carriers will work for 2 snowboards if you're cool with the bindings on the bottom board resting on your roof.... which is exactly how I've only ever used them. I was going to say I want to keep them, but my new car is a Volvo wagon and the middle folds down by itself, so I don't think i need them! New they're $150 USD, so how's $50 sound?

So that would be $300 for the whole of the VW ski & rack system. I paid(the equivalent of ) $450US when I got it, used and I had to have it shipped from Toronto originally.

Deadend

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Big Bump up on this. Got rid of the car, harvested off the parts. Please see the original post, where I've added pictures of what I'm selling and have mostly re-worked everything.