FS 2001 nb 169K silver auto with swap parts!

BigVWman

Veteran Member
Apex, NC soon to be back in the mitten of doom!
TDI
A1 cabriolet tdi and 01 nb tdi and countless gassers!
Hello, I have a 2001 new beetle i picked up last fall, intended it to be my next long term car but it seems life is getting in the way again! It is a silver nb with cloth int. Tires maybe 50-70%. It is an auto. It does run and drive it has an intermittant delay in 2-3 shift but otherwise works as expected. I have been rounding up parts for a 5speed swap that i will include if there is any interest in it. When i picked up nb it had a broken timing belt and suffered head impact.Pistons and height looked good and bores were excellent. I replaced head with a low mileage(45k) used unit, new gaskets and associated pieces gates belt, ina rollers, skf tensioner iirc. Runs very well. Most folks would say it was abused because of the broken belt but i have receipt shows belt failed after ~54k iirc it was a flennor(crappy) belt.I also have receipts from some of the major work previously done but not all and it is only a handful. The 5 speed swap i will include has a 5sp from a 2000 nb tdi, and an mk4 shifter box and cables. I have engine tin, pedal assembly, clutch hose old clutch and pp, and the nb ecu just in case. I am lacking driveshafts, new clutch, trans seals and rear main to make it a complete swap kit.You could install the old parts and not change seals but if you already have it apart why take the chance. Is there any interest in this at $4500?Car is in Apex, NC and i can deliver within 3hrs for a good price. If not i'll go plan b but wanted to check. pics coming. Also let me know any feedback am i nuts? Way off base on $? Should i finish swap then sell? Or mothball it in the barn for the next few years?

Last edited: