FS 2001 Jetta 5spd, 74k, exceptional, Seattle

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
An extremely nice 2001 Jetta came into my shop a couple weeks ago. It was one of the cleanest and best-kept ones I had ever seen and had only 74k on it, but was due (overdue actually) for a timing belt, the VNT mechanism was jammed with excessive carbon, and the owners had already bought a new car to replace it and wanted to let it go. They consigned it to the shop, for us to do the work on and sell. We (Dr. Dan's) are a biodiesel/diesel shop that specializes in TDIs.

We replaced the timing belt (using a quality Continental long-life belt, all new rollers, tensioner, etc, new Hepu metal impeller water pump, and the job done PROPERLY), removed, cleaned, and serviced the turbo, and went fully through the car and did *everything* to it that it will ever need. Just before we got it, it had had the intake cleaned and the MAF replaced, so those two big jobs are done, and not long before that it had the IP resealed and the glow plug harness replaced. With all those big things out of the way, and a new long life timing belt and clean turbo, this car is ready to cruise into the 22nd century needing *nothing* but routine maintenance. It runs and drives fantastic. Just change the timing belt at 175k!

More info here:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1715435903.html

It's one of the nicest around and is ready to be a wonderful car for whomever gets it. I have been driving it around and it makes me want to dump my beloved Volvo diesels and keep this for myself! Well, not quite... the power of irrational emotional attachment is hard to overcome, especially where old Volvos are concerned. :D But it is a beautiful ride that is in impeccable shape and has had everything it will ever need. Hard to imagine finding a better one.

Located in Ballard, Seattle, WA. $9500 firm. The amount of work it has had done to it (as listed above) amounts to nearly $6000 that the buyer will not have to spend! :) PM for more info or to arrange to see and drive it. Thanks.