FS: 2001 Beetle TDI in Charleston, SC

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
SOLD!

2001 VW Beetle TDI
I bought the car 6 years ago with a blown differential and it has never broken down on me since. I taught the wife to drive a manual transmission with this. The super torquey Diesel makes driving stick super easy. She learned it so quick and loved it so much, she kept the car for 3 years until she found another really nice 4 door TDI. This car would easily drive to the west coast and back. These TDI's are great cars. I should know since I own 4 of them. My suggestion is to only own 1 or 2 though :) These cars are made to put tons of miles on them, so if you own too many, you don't get to take advantage of that purpose.
The car is in good shape since we were catching up on TLC needs (like most MK4's) from the last owner but there are still a couple things to do. I just don't have time to take care of it and the used car market is weak so I will try and sell it as it. The interior is clean but the car needs a wash and wax with a 3 spots that need touchup paint from a roof rack and a bumper rub. The AC compressor blew out the front seal 2 years ago but I have another compressor to install. The check engine light is on because it says the EGR is not working correctly. The car runs perfect and I can't find anything wrong with that emissions device. The headliner is coming down in the back corner but I already have new fabric for this. The sunroof panel has already been reupholstered. The airbag light was on for the seat belt switch. A disconnect usually cleans the contacts to fix this problem.
It has a trailer hitch and the TDI is great for towing and I know people that tow 4,000 pounds with them.
The last owner put a brand new turbo and single mass flywheel and clutch.

In March the Beetle just got both CV axles replaced with American made product and a synthetic oil change. No other service is currently due. Both front wheel bearings were replaced and the $400 Uniroyal tires have 80% of tread left on them. New battery last year. Tons more has been done, timing belt, etc. I can email pictures.

SOLD!

VIN 3VWCP21CX1M48XXXX

Last edited:

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
The alternator stopped working for some reason. It had a new voltage regulator installed 4 years ago. When I install the rebuilt alternator, I am also putting in the replacement AC compressor. The price is going up with working AC. We are going to list online to that social media that has users with IQ's lower than the Craigslisters. Amazing.