FS: 2001.5 Passat Wagon TDI 5 Speed, Kitchener, Ontario

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
One of a very few, a former V6 gasser converted to a TDI 5 speed manual. This is a 2 owner car and is in excellent shape. There's only 140000kms on the TDI engine and has a brand new timing belt kit including water pump, brand new clutch including flywheel. Brand new front brakes, windshield. This car will easily do 1100kms on a full tank and can carry 5 people in comfort and plenty of cargo. The engine is a 2.0L TDI and a european 5 speed TDI transmission. Serious inquiries only, sold certified and e-tested.

Here's a link to pics
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...olkswagen-Passat-Wagon-TDI-W0QQAdIdZ406743512

N_J

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2002 Golf 5 speed TDI Indigo Blue Pearl
-Where did the TDI engine come from (year)? Chainless?
-Who did the swap?

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
-Where did the TDI engine come from (year)? Chainless?
-Who did the swap?
Engine came from a 2005 Passat that I bought off of my buddy who's wife rear ended a minivan. Engine is still chain driven, didn't see the need since the motor ran like a clock and I personally have seen these motors go way past 300k without any issues regarding the chain. Goes to show that it depends on how a person treats their car. I sourced the tranny from a shop that imports TDI swaps on regular basis right here in Kitchener. Engine hums along at 2000rpm in 5th at a hundred.
I did the swap myself, very straight forward when you have a complete donor.