FS 2 - 1996 Passat B4Vs (wagons)

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
We've had 2 beloved white B4Vs for the last 20 years, one with 176K, the other 215K. Been struggling with the thought of parting with them for the last year, so just putting this out there. Would really like to see them go out together, one as an eventual parts machine, which was my idea.

No rust to speak of, both spent most of their lives stabled in our carriage house, but the last few years outside. One needs some attention, the other runs great but could use some TLC. Both have been essentially sitting for the last year due to Covid and not going far, plus we now have a FFEV and a Volt. Have half a garage of interior, exterior, and under hood parts.

If anyone is interested, call Ron at 443-235-0818 to share further details, too much stuff to list here.

I've been dreading this day, but the time is near. :cry:

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Ron. Sorry to read this. While I am not sure I am in the market, I will give you a call tomorrow. Bob

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
They are hard to let go of! I'll give you a call soon. We probably wouldn't make it down there until April.

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
I am still interested, I'll give you another call. I thought you said Bob was possibly going to pick them up.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Damn RC! I missed this until today although I know these cars well...I am not in the market...love to see you again! I have 3 Diesels now
2015 Jetta SEL TDI bought new from Chris.....a 2014 BMW 328d Xdrive, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-diesel! Love them all and all were involved in Dirty Diesel Suits

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
I am still interested, I'll give you another call. I thought you said Bob was possibly going to pick them up.
No worry James, Bob has been out of town and he's supposed to get up with me when he returns. You're next, then two more.

Hey Tom! Good to see you're still on this side of the dirt my friend. I know your wife wants you to bring home two more vintage TDI's, don't lie. ;)

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Here's the deal. Met with Bob and he's made me an offer, to buy and keep both vehicles, which is what I want.

I'm asking $8K for both, as is, truck load of parts. Anyone care to meet or make an offer, please do so. Not in a hurry, but it's time... 😞

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
Glad to hear Bob is going to take both of them. That is a bit beyond what I could pay for them.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Round or rectangular master cylinder reservoir. Round is non ABS. Also look for an ABS lamp in the dash, on its own to the right of the steering wheel (if equipped)

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Both round, so non ABS. I seem to recall an ABS red light on the dash though. Been so long since I've driven them, it's hard to recall.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
SOLD.
To a local father and son team. Son is a gearhead, so happy to make the deal. They've been admiring these cars for decades and dreamed about owning one, now they have two. I'm glad my kids won't be far from home, and I can drive one whenever I like.

Couldn't have found a better deal, for both parties. :)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice!! Glad to see they both went to same household and are local to you. Tell them to start buying any they see for more spare parts :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ...