FS: 1998 Jetta TDI, 138k - CT

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
*** SOLD ***

After 12 years of great service I'm putting my 1998 A3 Jetta 5-speed up for sale. I am the original owner, it has always been garaged, I hate a dirty car and always keep it clean. I have done all of my own maintenance, except for the TB's which have been done by a Guru located through this site. I have been a member here for close to 10 years and you can search my posts for the history on this vehicle, due to all of the help Tdi Club members have given me over the years I'm listing it here exclusively for the first week. This car is stock, the only thing I have added is a oil pan heater. The tires are a little over a year old, about 10k miles on them. I have used synthetic oil since joining the club, the first few years I used the only CD oil I could find on the shelf. I usually add Power Service, but lately been using Opti-Lube. The A/C is weak. The oil is due to be changed at 140k, I do 10k intervals, the TB, water pump and vacuum hoses were done at 118k, at 126k the tires were changed along with the gear oil (OEM), and fuel filter. I just changed the air filter yesterday. I'll include 2 oil filters, a 4q jug of M1 TDT an air filter, roof racks (been on the car once) 2 extra steel wheels with snows with 0% left on them and any other things I find that are specific to this car. I have the engine cover, it had to be broken at the top stud. A new hood and front grill were just done, it is rust free. I have the original badges. I'm posting a few pictures, I have more, please PM me for additional shots or to set up an appointment, I can also photo any requests. I'm sure there is more, but that is all I can think of at this time. $4,300.00. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

AThreeTdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta Tdi , 03 jetta Tdi
Nice car, makes me miss my A3! Wish I were in the market. Good luck with your sale.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Fine example of a well maintained A3...you should get full asking price. Good Luck.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Why does the trunk badge say GL and not TDI? IT looks good and shounds nice, but can you please 'splain?

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
Back when fuel spiked I was getting a lot of questions at work at the fuel station etc., so I "went into hiding". I do have stock replacement badges.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Sh*t......what I'm looking for,but unfortunately,the money gods aren't smiling on me now:mad:.......nice price,nice car:D.......

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Very nice car. I solute your effort at maintaining this great car.
Your photos are all excelent images that show the detail and care that went into this making this car last as it has.

BioTodd

TDI
1998 Jetta 1z/ahu engine
Hey post that pic of me so HAPPY!! Will take the best care of this car, for many years to come!

Thanks for the straight up honest deal.