FS: 1996 Passat TDI Wagon

Karen Abse

TDI
Passat 1996 green
I have developed a neuroma in my left foot making shifting painful...so I have to sell my 5 speed. It's green, in great shape, sun roof, wired for rear compartment cd, 154,000 miles. I get 40 mpg in the city. $9,600. I'm in the Richmond, Virginia area. 804-379-0949 karenabse@mindspring.com

[ January 16, 2003, 09:39: Message edited by: Karen Abse ]

NadaGasser

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
Good luck getting your price, Karen! Just as a point for comparison, I bought my '97 Passat TDI last Feb. with 96,000 miles and sunroof for a crisp $9,000 bill. I think its an understatement to say that your car is a wee bit overpriced ....

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Karen,

I had a neuroma surgically excised from my right foot and no more problems or pain. Relatively easy procedure with quick healing. Was actually performed by a podiatrist. I highly recommend it.

Good luck,

-Mel

PC Dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Other
Mike, regardless of what Edmunds, KBB, etc., say, there's a big difference between sedan and Variant pricing. Watch Harvieux's auction and see what that wagon brings.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Well prices are definately coming down
Minemapper just purchased a primo 1996 Passat Variant TDI with 38,000 miles for 9500.00
That's bad for me..... Because my prime 1997 Passat TDI is not drawing many offers for my big asking prices

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, Pricing was down somewhat in Nov-Dec 02 but, they are screaming back up again. Minemapper got a very good deal on his variant and happened to be at the right place at the right time. I think he acted quickly enough before the selling dealer really knew what he had. Prime variants will be holding their prices steady due to their extreme rarity and the fact that there is nothing available that compares in roominess. The auction on my red one isn't drumming up alot of interest here on the club site but, will if I have to market it. I just got another variant, one owner, non smoker, blue with sahara, moonroof, and only 80K miles. It's on it's way to me from FL. It will need a bit of work like bumper scratches and a small dent but, it will be another winner all the way, especially when I get done with it. I will post details with pics at a later time. Later!

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Harvieux is right. I got a screaming deal. I got lucky because the salesman took me for a test drive, and made a verbal contract to sell it to me for that price before we returned to the dealership. When they took it on trade the previous day, as Mike says, the book didn't differentiate.

However, when he went to get the paperwork from his sales manager, he came back with that days price list, and they had marked the variant up to $11K, purely on the volume of call they had received. Because Martens are not the usual bunch of shysters, they stuck to their original price with me.

There is a massive gap in demand between the sedans and wagons. Hence the price difference. When I wrecked my original wagon back in September (with 126K), State Farm initially offered me $7600. With the help of Harvieux, gavio and a couple of others, we got that raised to a few bucks under $10K.

BTW, that was 39,000 miles Tom, not 38,000.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
uh, about one tank of diesel?

Oh no, that's right. You have a sedan.