FS: 04 Passat TDI Wagon

rdean

TDI
Jetta, 2001, Bright Green, Jetta, 2002, Blue Lagoon (RIP)
FS: 04 Passat TDI Wagon $23,000

2004 Passat TDI Wagon, 60,000, TripTronic Automatic Trans. ESP, GLS package- Leather Heated Seats, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof, Monsoon Sound System. Color is "Stonehenge Grey", interior is Tan. 28 city/ 45 hwy. I've bee using ELF 506.1 for all oil changes and added Stanodyn Performance to every fillup. The only mod is a ventectomy. The alternator was just replaced and I had the timing belt done at the same time.
I'm in Maryland just outside of DC. SOLD!!!!! :D

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I was offered this car 1st by Chris Farnham at VW of Langhorne.......
I decided to pass on it to Bob ( I ordered my 06 Jetta when I was up there to test drive this car) I have driven the car and Vag-comed it
The car is really nice and if I was in the market I would also purchase!

rdean

TDI
Thanks TOMO

I really don't WANT to sell the car but my current situation doesn't dictate keeping it. I bought it to keep forever. It's a wonderful car with amazing acceleration and fuel mileage for it's size. Just to let everyone know about the fuel numbers I posted, the 28 city is real driving, mostly short trips, wife only drives 5 miles to work. Highway mileage is from a family vacation, 2000 miles fully loaded with 2 adults, 2 teens and all our stuff.

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite
Did you have your timing belt changed at the dealer or a private mechanic? just curious. I am from Annapolis and just decided to sell my 06.5 Jetta TDI. Need a wagon bad.

rdean

TDI
Timing Belt

I have had all work except oil changes done at Martins VW in Bethesda, MD. The only other work that the car has required is the Idler Arm last spring and a Taillight Cover that was cracked by a rock. They also did the Brake Light Switch recall.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The B5 TDI is really a fantastic car, and being only available here for 2 years makes them kinda hard to find (especially a wagon!). Anyone "on the fence" about purchasing one should get down and take it for a spin. I cannot say enough good things about ours, we love it!

:D

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I keep telling my wife we should get rid of her minivan and get a second B5.5 wagon but I don't think the DMV would be too happy if we put the fourth kid up on the roof racks ;)!

Last edited:

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
If I am lucky enough to sell a piece of property I've got you might be hearing from me. I've been drooling over your wagon for too long now.

Help me out an cross your fingers.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Even supply and demand pertains to tdis. There was a company in the NE that purchased TDI's in mass, rented them out for the first 8,000 miles then sold them to NY, MASS and CA buyers for a bit more than they paid for the cars new. Seems that people in those states can't get new ones, but could buy used ones and bring them in.

I bought my 04 Jetta new for 22K, and a year and 10,000 miles later sold it for 24K to a gent in CA. I'd imagine they are even more valualbe as you can't buy a new TDI...yet.