FS: 03 Jetta wagon, 6 SPEED, gtv2256, 165k

strokedviking

TDI
99.5 jetta TDI 5spd,03 jetta wagon
SOLD
Looking to see if there would be any takers on my car. Its a 2003 jetta wagon that started off as an auto. The previous owner had Whitbread do all the mods to the car, which include: 02M 6 speed purchased from RyanP, gtv2256 turbo with SS tubular exhaust manifold, 2.5" custom ss exhaust from turbo back with 2 high flow mufflers. RC 4+, Front mount IC, titan t4 520 injectors installed and balanced by frank06. 11mm pump (obviously, it was an auto) frank06 also reconditioned the head due to a timing belt breaking before the previous owner purchased the car. ARP head studs. PD intake w/ OMI. Race pipe. GLI 3 spoke steering wheel, GLI shift boot with knob. TT pedals, Bilstien shocks with eibach sport springs. TT control arm bushings, sigma short shifter, Mcnally boost/ EGT guage.
All the mods were done by the previous owner. The previous owner only put 5k miles on the car when he sold it to me. I have put 30k miles on the car since I bought it. So all the mods have about 35k miles on them.
I just put new rotors and pads on the car with new calipers in the rear less then 5k miles ago. I also put aftermarket stereo in the car.
car will also come with a set of steelies with snow tires on them, tons of meat left. Will come with the stock shocks and springs, plus front inner fender wells.
This car is great and has treated me well. Interior is mint!!! Exterior is nice but shows the normal wear and tear you see from a car this old and with this many miles.
Current OD 170K
Reason for selling is I'm looking at getting a 335d.
Asking $9,000 obo willing to negotiate

Last edited:

strokedviking

TDI
Honestly I've been out of the tdi loop for a few years now. If I'm way off on the price point of this car, please let me know. I would actually like people's opinions on what you think this car is worth. I know I spent quite a bit on this thing 30k miles ago.

annieneff

Veteran Member
TDI
1983.5 Westfalia tdi (afn), with flipped 5 speed V6 (dvz) transmission
I don't think that price is off. As long as the body/interior are in decent shape, with all those mods it's a very cool ride. And I bet very fast. You'll have to find someone who gets what's been done and appreciates it, but those people are out there. Stick to your guns for awhile and if you get crickets then adjust accordingly.

I'm worried though: if you sell it your car won't match your motorcycle anymore ;). You'll have to make sure you get a white bimmer replacement.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Here's my .02. .... The car in stock form is a $5500 car all day long with the miles that are on it. The 6 speed swap is worth another $2500ish, upgraded turbo is $1500ish, tune adds another $250, nozzles add $200, all the other random stuff add another $2500-$3000. All that goes to say that there had been A LOT of quality work that has gone into this car and the price reflects it. If it was Lagoon Blue I would have bought it already and it would be at home in my garage....

TDi Newb

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Great looking specimen! I wanted a white wagon when I got my silver one. The mods on this would make the price more attainable, but then again you're targeting a niche buyer with such a setup. Wish I could afford such a wagon... Want to trade for a well taken care of 03 mostly stock Silver wagon? :D

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Here's my .02. .... The car in stock form is a $5500 car all day long with the miles that are on it. The 6 speed swap is worth another $2500ish, upgraded turbo is $1500ish, tune adds another $250, nozzles add $200, all the other random stuff add another $2500-$3000. All that goes to say that there had been A LOT of quality work that has gone into this car and the price reflects it. If it was Lagoon Blue I would have bought it already and it would be at home in my garage....
I agree the wagon received some expensive upgrades, and you can add them all up if you want to, but that's not how the resale game is played. You win some, and lose some. Modifying cars is a slippery slope and you'll seldom recoup time and money invested. The OP is looking for almost 3 times the book value which makes it difficult but not an impossible sell, either way good luck with the sale.

bajan

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Better photos including engine and interior would help with your sale

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Go back through the FS adds in the this forum section as there have been a couple of highly modified TDI's sold in the last year. They should give you an idea on potential value of your car.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Nice looking car. That set up must be an excellent road car. It may take a bit for find the particular person looking for a car like that. Personally, I don't think your asking price is too high. As above, a better presentation & photos would help. The car is in the unique side, be it the model year that is generally considered to be the best of the ALH/MK4 platforms, has quality upgrades done by one by a true pro guru. It would cost much more for someone to replicate.

Assume 11K sale price for a buyer that runs it for another 300K miles w/ $1k resale value. Thats $.03/mile. If driven for 200K miles & w/ $2k resale value = $.05/mile. If driven 100K w/ assumed $4K to 5k resale value. That $.06 to $.07/per mile. IHMO, thats very cost effective transportation & "not too shabby" for the car & mods.

The car is ideal for the self employed or those that are reimbursed at the standard milage rate ($.575/mile 2015 rate)ad put many miles on.. Assume 50 mpg @ $3/gal fuel costs are in the range or $.06/mile. Potentially, making money on every mile driven.

A buyer will come along who will appreciate it. GLWS.

Last edited:

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Nice looking car. That set up must be an excellent road car. It may take a bit for find the particular person looking for a car like that. Personally, I don't think your asking price is too high. As above, a better presentation & photos would help. The car is in the unique side, be it the model year that is generally considered to be the best of the ALH/MK4 platforms, has quality upgrades done by one by a true pro guru. It would cost much more for someone to replicate.

Assume 11K sale price for a buyer that runs it for another 300K miles w/ $1k resale value. Thats $.03/mile. If driven for 200K miles & w/ $2k resale value = $.05/mile. If driven 100K w/ assumed $4K to 5k resale value. That $.06 to $.07/per mile. IHMO, thats very cost effective transportation & "not too shabby" for the car & mods.

The car is ideal for the self employed or those that are reimbursed at the standard milage rate ($.575/mile 2015 rate)ad put many miles on.. Assume 50 mpg @ $3/gal fuel costs are in the range or $.06/mile. Potentially, making money on every mile driven.

A buyer will come along who will appreciate it. GLWS.
You makes some positive points here I can agree with, But let's assume like you did often, remember we're still talking about a 12-13 year old vehicle that sold new for around 18k give or take. Regardless how well it was taken care of it won't be as trouble free as a new one so 11k you really have to give it some thought. Nice ride though.

bajan

strokedviking

TDI
Ok, i'm serious about selling this car now, and have reduced the price, and am willing to negotiate.

have updated original post with new asking price and current mileage.

Will also add that I recently just put a new dog bone on, and have new oem engine mounts that I havent gotten around to installing.