[FS] 03 Golf 2dr PD150

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Oh I hate to type this but the time has come where I really have no need for my TDI anymore. I will say that without a doubt, my travels down the TDI rabbit hole were exciting to say the least. I have no "need" to sell my Golf other than I want it to go to a good home where it will be taken care of. I wanted $10k originally, but it does have a few faults listed below that I should, but won't be, fixing prior to sale so $8200 619-841-8136
The Good:
03 2dr Golf
145k miles
ARL engine with matching miles
10k miles on BEW timing belt conversion and water pump
15k miles on new 02M transmission, DC Stage 4 clutch, Peloquin LSD
15k miles on AC compressor and alt pulley
20k miles on Darkside GTB2260vk kit
45k miles on DBW balanced R783's
45k miles on Colt stage II camshaft and black OE lifter install
DG Skid Plate
Shine springs/bar with Koni FSD struts/shocks
OZ 17" wheels with Bridgestone tires in great shape
Laser Interceptor laser jammer
Giant box of spare parts including an extra ECU, VCDS, Vag-Tacho, etc...
The Bad:
-Drivers side rear seat belt is broken (dog chewed through it and I never replaced it)
-I stripped the valve cover bolt holes in the cylinder head. I messed up the helicoil installation so there are several holes that really in all honesty need drilled/welded/tapped. It doesn't leak all over the place, but maybe a light weep like so many PD heads do anyway.
-Airbag light has been on for a long time. Maybe an actual bad airbag. I've messed with the wiring on the R32 airbag and that made it go away for a couple weeks but then came back.
History:
I first got into TDI's when my brother Nick Lockard, a mod here, showed off his new to him 03 Jetta. After learning about the wonders of TDI, I bought a new 06 Jetta. After my first GTG and driving an ALH powered car with a VNT-17, nozzles, chip, etc I knew I needed more torque. At that time in 2007 there weren't a lot of options for the PD cars so I sold my Jetta and went for my favorite bodystyle TDI, the 03 2dr Golf. I bought this from the second owner in Maryland with 45k miles on it in 2008. I immediately put in nozzles, tune, clutch, gages and proceeded to mod away. Ultimitely, 6 months later I cracked a piston using too much water methanol on the dyno. Located a half cut German golf and had Scott Krout do the engine/tranny/brake swap for me. Pretty straight forward except the wiring of the glow plugs and the in tank lift pump required some tweaks to work right. Moved from FL, to WA and that's where I started working on the tuning of the engine a little bit more. It was already fun to drive. It had a 17/22 on it left over from my ALH and it was pretty maxed out with RC5, probably around 200whp or so (guessing). Wanting more I installed a colt cam, and R783's. The race nozzles were a learning curve on the PD's, I believe I was Pete (DBW's) first PD customer but after getting the nozzles back from him things were much better than original install. Then I tried a couple tunes from Jeff at Rocketchip and Mike from TDTuning. Ultimitely, Mike got me a smoother running tune so I left it at that, dyno'd at 212whp. I lowered it with Eibach springs and Koni FSD's, installed a full FIS cluster and enjoyed life. I ended up switching to Shine Racing springs and Rear Sway Bar. Later I moved to San Diego and finally my 17/22 bit the bullet so I decided on the next logical progression, RyanP's GTB2260vk kit. Shortly after that, my tranny case started leaking and I ended up with a brand new 02M from Aaron at Bora Parts and a clutch from Scott (BioChoppers). Mike nailed the tune on the GTB with the race nozzles. It probably only added 20-30 whp based off my educated guesses from speaking with others, and other setups that Mike has tuned. So, to my best knowledge, the Golf puts down appx 235+ whp. It yields appx 38-43 mpg.
The interior and exterior are good. I went to tons of GTG's and I must say, my Golf was always one of the best kept TDI's. I did have the car re-sprayed black with the exception of the hatch and the roof in 2012. I am a detail fanatic and take pride in my vehicles. I replaced the original headliner finally in 2015 when it began to sag. I do have an exceptionally fun stereo in the car, all JL Audio, tons of power and a stealth install that retains cargo space. Honestly, there are more mods in this car than I can probably remember. It is a 13 year old car, but I put my soul into this baby, just ask my wife :DI couldn't possibly come up with an accurate accounting of how much money I've spent on OEM fasteners, parts, etc... This car hauls and is fun to drive. It pretty much has every mod you can have for a MKIV except some of the ultra expensive OEM+ swaps like auto climate control.
This car needs an enthusiast to continue loving it. With my new job position, I really don't have the time to enjoy with it as I used to. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it breaks down but if something does break, you just need to know where to go for the parts, and which parts to get. It should go to a club member if at all possible. I'm confident I could drive it from coast to coast without problem. I highly encourage the next owner to build a big valve cylinder head and run Firad nozzles for another 20whp or so. I will attempt to upload all the photos I can onto this forum for viewing in the next couple days but for the meantime, you can search for my username on here, I've been a member for 10 years :eek: Oh, and I will be renewing the OR tags this month for two years, and the car has no emissions equipment on it.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Reserved for future photos...

Here's a photobucket with random pics:
http://s74.photobucket.com/user/farfromovin/library/Golf

I'll clean it up this weekend and take some more pics all around, showing all the blemishes I can. The Golf is pretty clean in most the pictures, like I said in the OP, I take care of it and it's been clean for the 8 years I've owned it!

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Washed her up today and took some pictures so everyone can see the current condition.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Vehicle is up on Autotrader now as well. I just renewed the OR plate tags as they are expiring this month so they're good till 5/18 if your an OR resident at least.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Still kicking tires, $800 drop. Wife will kill me eventually, but that's alright. The Golf needs to go.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Deposit put down, car is tentatively sold folks! The important thing to me is it went to a club member in Portland so I know it'll be treated with as much love as I gave it during my ownership!

Yeahdude38

Race pipe, bro!
TDI
2011 Golf CJAA, 02 GTD ALH Swap (Rekt),
Damn, this is nice. My 03 jetta was totalled last week. Rear Ended. So wish I could take this....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk