Front Wheel Bearing R&R Tool

benchote13

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000
I need to replace a front wheel bearing. Does anyone have a Front Wheel Bearing R&R Tool I can borrow by any chance or know where to get one locally?

Canadian Tire no longer sells these and they don't have it in their tool loan program either, Princess Auto also doesn't sell them. They're available on Amazon but I thought I'd try this route first. Thanks!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
What Simon said. As far as I know, Can Tire stopped their loan a tool program several years ago, but Part Source still did it. That's where I got the tool when I did mine.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Somewhat related, I need to replace my front wheel bearing too. I need to get a front wheel alignment as well. The alignment has been off from before the wheel bearing went bad.

If I get the front wheel bearing replaced now, the concern is that with the alignment being off, hope that does not affect the new wheel bearing till I get the alignment done a few months later, like in April? I think that the bad alignment may have contributed to the bearing going bad, so just wondering that after replacing the bearing, I need the alignment done right away or it can wait for a few months.
Thanks.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
If your alignment was off enough to reduce wheel bearing life, I reckon you'd be replacing front tires as often as you fill the tank.

Simon

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
If your alignment was off enough to reduce wheel bearing life, I reckon you'd be replacing front tires as often as you fill the tank.

Simon
Simon, the front tires are somewhat worn out on the inside tread, not too bad though. So I gather from your note that I can wait a bit for the alignment after getting a new front wheel bearing, correct? The plan is to get the wheel bearing done now as the droning noise is too irritating. And then get new tires in Spring followed with an alignment right away.

benchote13

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000
I have one you’re welcome to use. Located in brooklin. Graeme
Thank you! I will send you a PM!

To the others thanks for your replies, but no Part Source does not have them anymore, it was the first place I tried. They have a pretty limited amount of tools that are part of their current loan program.

Last edited: