Found a 2000 TDI 5 Speed with 43k miles on it for drum roll..13k UGH!

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.
Everyone is smoking crack I found a 2000 ALH TDI Manual Beetle with 43k miles and it will need a timing belt as it's the original one wait for it the Greedy Stealerhip wants 13k for it~!!! and will not budge on the price or address the things that will need to be done I was told to F off I know what

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Interesting - a VW Dealer? If they say it is "as is" they have no obligation to inform the buyer they are buying a car that shouldn't even be started?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I believe we should all take note of the dealer's pricing. This way the next time some yo-yo crunches one of our TDI's use this as a comparitive price.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
I second this. Send the ad. Similar thing happened with a neon srt4 in my area. Dealer took it on trade from the original owner. Had 74k on it. Started asking $17,000. As the months progressed it dropped a grand a month. When it reached the 12k mark I called and asked if they would consider dropping the price a little more. I was told no. A month later it was at 10k. I called again the salesman told me the dealer was taking a huge loss on it and that they couldn’t sell it. I said for 8k I’d come take a look. He told me no again with the explanation that it would go to auction in the sates and would sell for more. It then dropped to 9k. Didn’t see it much after that. I’m assuming it went to auction and sold for 5k lol. I’m assuming the same thing will happen here.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Doubt they will see that price in a beetle, but eh why not try as you never know with some people. Sad that they won't even put in all new timing components and get it all up to date on maintenance at that price. I would expect new timing kit, thermostat, tires, and maybe a couple other things at that price. If this was a Jetta wagon I would fully expect they could get that price if it was in show room condition.