Forum rules concerning B3V GLX

Gusman

TDI
B4V
Hello hello,

Just wondering what the forum rules are in regards to posting about a 1993 VR6 passat wagon. I have this gem of a car that deserves a TDI swap, and I think the majority of B3/B4 fans are members of this forum, so I'd like to be able to post about it here. I'm interested in passing it on to a new owner. Would it be okay to post about or advertise this car or is it a no-no? I do have a complete AHU swap that could go with the car if someone was interested.

Thanks for everyone's participation in this forum, I've learned so much and had such a great time working on these cars and keeping them alive.

Pictures for reference:

Last edited:

Gusman

TDI
B4V
Damn, I am not much for the B3, but that is gorgeous. Good luck with the sale.
Thank you. Believe it or not it's always been one of my dream cars. I really love it and hope to have another one some day.

Any more pics or info? Mileage, current drivetrain condition?
I posted it in the classifieds. Here's the link: FS: 1993 Passat GLX wagon
Odometer shows 130,000 but CarFax indicates a cluster change in 2010. Actual mileage is likely closer to 190,000.
Current drivetrain is pretty good. I've been daily driving it for about 3,000 miles. It runs and drives great. A little puff of smoke on cold starts and a whiny power steering pump but otherwise it's been totally solid. I remember being more impressed by the VR6 when I was a teenager though. Now the little bit of extra horsepower and torque isn't worth the 20 mpg difference between this engine and a TDI. I recommend a swap and will do so if I keep it.