*SOLD*: 2015 GSW TDI SEL 6MT with LP and DAP 145K, $16K OBO

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
*****SOLD*****
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL manual in Night Blue over Two-tone interior with lighting package and driver's assistance package

The car currently has just under 145K miles, and I have been the second owner since 45K post dieselgate. Back when they were plentiful I searched nationwide for months for a manual SEL with both packages. I have maintained everything at or before VW's maintenance schedule with receipts from FCP Euro.

The good/upgrades:
  • Timing belt/water pump replaced at 125K
  • New front wheel bearings, brake pads and rotors 140K
  • Golf R Pretoria wheels (OE Durbans included in sale)
  • MIB2 upgrade with 8" display for CarPlay
  • 20% tint all around
  • Frameless, autodimming mirror with Homelink
  • Kerma Stage 1 tune (tuned at 135K - easily reverted back to stock tune)
  • Paint correction and ceramic coating done last summer
  • Monster mats, original carpet mats (never used) and VW Cargo trunk organization system included.
  • Both original keys
  • Hardwired for Dash Cam
The bad:
  • Dent in passenger rocker panel
  • A few very small door dings and paint chips (front bumper)
Clean PA title in hand, located in 18445 $16K OBO

I can't find any other manual SELs for comparison, so my price is negotiable.

Pictures:

PM or Email (ESmith813 @ gmail.com)

Last edited:

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
What did you think of the Kerma tune? Free bump and GLWS!
Thank you! The Kerma tune really woke the car up. I was planning to sell the car last year, but the Kerma tune made me fall in love all over again. Throttle response is great, and it feels like so more more mid range punch. All that with the same or better MPGs.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Thank you! The Kerma tune really woke the car up. I was planning to sell the car last year, but the Kerma tune made me fall in love all over again. Throttle response is great, and it feels like so more more mid range punch. All that with the same or better MPGs.
Awesome - thanks. We have 2 GSWs and I've been thinking about tuning, but will likely wait for the warranty to run out.

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
BUMP - any guidance on pricing? I’ve gotten some interest, but many are saying I’m over priced.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Your pricing is in-line with many dealers offering a MK7 GSW with 6M, although some cars will have lower miles. It's a little high for private party sale, but not by much. Some knowledgeable VW buyers are looking to avoid the pano sunroof, and some don't want to pay an SEL premium (seating is entirely subjective, and 2015 DAP is an annoying set of proximity beeps), but others will know the initial MSRP was notably higher. TDIClub is historically tough on pricing and particulars, so a different audience may generate more interest- plus TDIs typically fetch higher prices on the West coast. I watch prices monthly, and see GSWs with 6M and higher miles offered at 20k-25k all the time (of course, the dealer might not actually get the asking price). If you are not in a hurry, someone looking for Mk7 stick will eventually find your car, otherwise you may need a wider platform to advertise.

spaktacular

TDI
2011 JSW, 6 stick
BUMP - any guidance on pricing? I’ve gotten some interest, but many are saying I’m over priced.
Your price lands as high.

I saw the response stating it's a little high for private party sale, but in all honesty most people aren't looking to spend this level of money for this sort of vehicle in a private party sale. I don't know that, without a dealership and warranty coverage backing it, you could arrange financing at this mileage. I browse used car prices fairly often, and this vehicle isn't going to have a wide appeal. Wagons, in general, are not high volume; the diesel engine detracts; and the MT, while desirable for those looking for it, eliminates a large part of the driving public.

For comparison, my brother very recently bought a 2016 A6 sedan. 100,000 miles, dealer backed, fully loaded, out the door at $16,000.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Sale price is purely subjective.
If you want to sell it, post it everywhere you can for your above advertised price. You can always negotiate down.

Remember, do you want to sell it or do you want to keep it forever? If you want to sell it, then sell it to the first person that comes along and is serious, with cash/ready financing standing in front of you for however much you can get them to pay that you're comfortable with.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Wagons, in general, are not high volume; the diesel engine detracts; and the MT, while desirable for those looking for it, eliminates a large part of the driving public.
I had to smile at this part of your post, since it appears you drive a diesel wagon with a manual transmission. The point of posting a vehicle like this for sale on an enthusiast site is to attract people who aren't part of the greater buying public, who are specifically looking for this type of car. I recently completed a lengthy search for a Sportwagen with a manual, but it also had to have no sunroof.

Having said that, I agree the price is on the high side. It would probably be fair if the total mileage were closer to 100K, if for no other reason than this car doesn't have a lot of warranty left.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Your price lands as high.

I saw the response stating it's a little high for private party sale, but in all honesty most people aren't looking to spend this level of money for this sort of vehicle in a private party sale. I don't know that, without a dealership and warranty coverage backing it, you could arrange financing at this mileage. I browse used car prices fairly often, and this vehicle isn't going to have a wide appeal. Wagons, in general, are not high volume; the diesel engine detracts; and the MT, while desirable for those looking for it, eliminates a large part of the driving public. For comparison, my brother very recently bought a 2016 A6 sedan. 100,000 miles, dealer backed, fully loaded, out the door at $16,000.
This makes sense if the desire is to offload a car quickly. In that case you need a gasser with an automatic transmission in a SUV: wide appeal. This is not that situtaion, but it doesn't (in this case) lower the value (especially having a diesel engine, where the current used VW cost differential between TDIs and gassers is higher than I've seen over the last 40 years). Browsing the market prices should reveal that limited availability, in this case, trumps limited appeal. There just aren't that many diesel wagons with a stick, and the people who want them are often willing to pay a premium. The limited appeal speaks more to how long it takes to sell, and how long the seller want to wait, rather than to final price. As said, it's a little high, but if this was at a dealer with national advertising, I bet someone from CA would fly in and drive home.

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
Thank you all for the input! I am definitely aware (and prefer) that this car will sell slowly waiting for the right enthusiast. I’ll try to distribute the ad at 16K and wait and see 👍🏻