For Sale: 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, Denver, Great Deal for Someone Wanting a Passion Project, $1800

mhonald

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here's the deal, I have a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI that I purchased in 2016. it has approximately 89,000 miles, black interior/exterior both with minimal wear, tires with .7 tread still left (and snow tires I can throw in for free), and a new AC system installed this summer. I had the emissions modifications done in 2017 and have that paperwork. It will need a new timing belt soon.

Why am I selling? I became the latest victim of VW's HPFP system failure and I am a year out of warranty. VW corporate won't budge about doing a goodwill repair. The dealer is quoting me $10,200 in repairs for both replacing the fueling system and putting in a new timing belt. I love my car (and have been driving VW diesels since 1998), but can't justify that much in repairs for a car that was worth between $6-$6.5K before this happened. And I know some of you will say I can have it taken care of for less somewhere other than the dealership, but even $5-6K is too much right now (and I checked with my mechanics, who specialize in German imports and while they could probably do it for a little less, they said they don't even have all the tools they would need).

I'm posting here in hopes that some diesel lover/guru is looking for a passion project and would buy it for like $1800. It's too nice to sell for parts. If you have the skills/desire to replace the fueling system and timing belt on your own, the rest of the car is well taken care (other than the dog hair, but the interior is leather, so wouldn't be a tough clean up).

I have one pic to share (url at end). The car is currently at the dealership awaiting my decision about selling it to a person or for parts, but if anyone is seriously considering, I can get over there and take some more snaps of whatever you want. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?media/users/mhonald.597008/

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
Are you selling the whole car for that price??? Looks like your in Colorado?? Just pick the whole thing up on a flatbed trailer!

mhonald

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Sorry to hear your plight.

How much were they quoting for just the HPFP repair?
Thanks. $9300 for HPFP alone, just over $10,200 for HPFP with timing belt. Now, they're saying they can work with me to lower the cost, which just irritates me because they should have bottom lined it in the first place. In any event, it's time to sell.

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks. $9300 for HPFP alone, just over $10,200 for HPFP with timing belt. Now, they're saying they can work with me to lower the cost, which just irritates me because they should have bottom lined it in the first place. In any event, it's time to sell.
Sent you a PM!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
No way I would buy a precise component like a HPFP off Ebay.

Are CP3 swaps still available?
Agreed. I just wanted to point out how many items usually need to be replaced.

And YES the CP3 kits are still active. I did two in the last 90 days (from Whitbread)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It won't cost nearly that much to repair the car. I can get the following (all genuine Bosch):

High pressure pump, $500

Lift pump, $150

Auxiliary pump, $105

Set of injectors, $1200

A rail pressure sensor and rail pressure regulator, and probably the injector return line assembly... about $300.

So for less than $2500, that's all the parts. T-belt is a PM item, it would have needed that anyway. About three extra hours to clean up everything and swap it all over, and it'll be back in business.

So yeah, great deal for someone... hopefully they take advantage. I sure as heck would.

...$10k.... sheesh, that's criminal... I could do it TWICE for that, have the car detailed, and hand you back change.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
...$10k.... sheesh, that's criminal... I could do it TWICE for that, have the car detailed, and hand you back change.
Denver -to- Missouri = reasonable $ repair...
Time to trailer a car?
I just wish California had such a good option

mhonald

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hey all, thanks for your interest and messages. I found a buyer from this site and am confident that my baby has a new and good home.