For Sale: 2005 MK4 Jetta TDI 94k miles in TX, USA

jhuber

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat SEL, 2015 Audi Q7
Hello!

Up for sale is my 2005 Jetta MK4 TDI with 94,000 miles. I bought the car from a local used car dealer in 2009 with 29,735 miles. The car has been garaged while I have owned it.
  • Dark grey exterior / light grey interior
  • Good running condition
  • Body is in good shape - a couple of small dings
  • Interior is a little rough (needs headliner)
  • Seats are OK
  • New rubber Jetta OEM floor mats about 3 years ago
  • Monsoon stereo - volume knob is a little finicky at times
  • PIE device added for 1/8" / 3.5mm stereo input
  • Tires in good shape
  • Brakes in good shape
  • Tail light seals replaced last year
  • Headlights lenses need polishing
  • Timing belt done at 80,000 miles
  • All regular maintenance done at local VW dealer (have records)
  • Blowing foam from vents problem fixed
  • New battery
  • Location is Arlington, TX
  • Pictures at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-c6MHc9LKEDcUZYWEZfRjhhWU0
There is an oil odor in the car. On the last visit, the VW dealer says that the tandem pump (fuel and high pressure oil) is leaking oil. It is beyond weeping, and should be replaced. There are also some plastic fuel lines in the engine compartment that the dealer says are brittle and need replacement.

Other than that, on the last maintenance visit, the dealer says the car is in good diving shape, as no other issues were noted.

For the interior, the cloth liner on the front passenger door came loose. I took it off, cleaned the foam and glue off, and sprayed it with black PlastiDip. It's functional and looks OK. I had plans to do the rest of the doors that way when I got some time.

After sitting for awhile, one of the back door locks gets sticky and doesn't unlock with the controls. After moving it manually a few times, it works fine again.

That's about it. I recently ran across a reconstructed 2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen on ebay and won the auction. As such, I need to part with the 2005 Jetta TDI as I don't have room for it.

Prices seem all over the place, so I'm starting with $4,500 or best offer.

netjustin

TDI
_'04 TDI Jetta 5MT ____`10 TDI Jetta 6MT RIP ____`03 TDI Jetta AT _ RIP
Looks like a clean MkIV! GLWS.