For 92K Miles......

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
I'm impressed with the quality of the paint. Bought it knowing it needed at the very least a claybar and polish job. So after a couple of weeks, I went to it today.

Used a Zaino claybar and some leftover spray detailer, panel by panel. Then came back over with an orange pad and Menzerna IP polish. Will finish with top coats of Z2 Zaino applied by hand.

Didn't cut all the swirling, and I'm sure I could if I A) had a more aggressive compound on hand and B) felt it was absolutely necessary considering this is a daily driver for me.

Sucks doing it in the sun though. So far I'm done with the entire back end, and both drivers side doors and rocker panel. Found very few blemishes in the paint so far, some factory, some wear and tear, but only about 5 blems realistically. I KNOW the front end has some chipping and such but that's to be expected. Anywho, here's the results so far:

Decklid out of direct light.

Decklid in direct light, you can see some minor swirling still:

Reflection in driver rear door:

Gotta say I LOVE this color.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Pretty happy with the results. Not perfect, needs some touch up (or Dr Color Chip or Langka for the front end) but perfectly acceptable for a driver. The Zaino will help it stay cleaner longer too, and each additional coat will just bring out the color more.