Fogs On A Budget $143; wth Pictures

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Just wanted to say thanks for all the wisdom and helpful hints in this thread for my install.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
09 Jsw.

Vw said it's over $600 for the kit to do both sides. I can't even buy only the plastic housing for the fog lamps themselves....

Will your oart#s work on 09s?

And what's with the knockout between the headlamp and fog lamp area? Could I add some fancy led lamps in there as well?

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Last edited:

Rover110

TDI
2011 JSW, 1993 Land Rover D110
I haven't been through this thread in a while so I don't know if this has been posted before. Just in case, I found an easy way of installing the OEM pigtail contact into the Euro Switch connector. There's a small flap door on one side of the connector that opens, and allows the contact to easily slide in (see pic below). Just make sure the contact is oriented in same direction (i.e. clock position) as the other contacts in the connector. Oh, and Pin 5 worked for me as I know there has been some discussion as well on which pin location to use.

henjr23

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
@ESFlash I know this is off topic of the fog lights even though I am looking to do it to my 2010 jetta sportwagen since hitting a box spring at 85 in the middle of SH 130, but speaking of SH 130 I see your from Austin any VW clubs around the area you may know of?

ESFlash

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI SportWagen 6MT
Hello henjr23 -- I can't believe this old thread still has legs -- pretty crazy. .....and yeah.........SH130; I've driven dirt roads that are in better shape, amazing how quickly that highway is returning to nature. Your best bet, re: VW clubs, might be to google Austin TX VW clubs.