Fog Lights

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I found a set of Hella micro DE fog lights cheap but the grills for the Jetta are busted up. Does anyone know of a source for just the grills? I really don't want to try cutting up a set to make my own and want the stock appearance.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
If you can find a set of these:

I bought a set of LED fogs a while back and one got hit by a rock, so I'm getting some Hella Optilux 1500s. They should fit nicely into the same hole.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
I think you're confused about what birdman is inquiring about. The lights are fine but he needs a new grill.

I'd suggest Ebay as they tend to come up for sale on there now and again. Another place to check might be ECS Tuning. If I recall they sell the individual grills on their website, although I'm going by memory.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Ed's TDI said:
I think you're confused about what birdman is inquiring about. The lights are fine but he needs a new grill.

I'd suggest Ebay as they tend to come up for sale on there now and again. Another place to check might be ECS Tuning. If I recall they sell the individual grills on their website, although I'm going by memory.
How am I confused if I posted a picture of a grill :confused:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Your post describes how you "bought a set of LED fogs a while back and one got hit by a rock" and that you're "getting some Hella Optilux 1500s" and how "They should fit nicely into the same hole".

To me this sounds like you're describing a set of replacement lights for damaged Hella fogs that will fit into the same grill. If I misinterpretted, my mistake, but your post is unclear in the wording.

Getriebe Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
I think they are about $16 each for the grilles at 1stvwparts. I've got some small optilux fogs I want to mount into modified stock grilles. If you do this please share how you you modified the grilles to get the fog lights in there.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Getriebe Guy said:
I think they are about $16 each for the grilles at 1stvwparts. I've got some small optilux fogs I want to mount into modified stock grilles. If you do this please share how you you modified the grilles to get the fog lights in there.
I don,t want to modify a stock set I want to find a source for Hella made grills with the cutouts in them already. I did find a site for Hella surplus Hella Micro DE,s at 62$ for the full set just the way they come from the distributer but I can't buy from them you have to be a vendor and it looks like they want someone to buy all 62 sets. Definitely a great deal for some vendor on here to snap up.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Birdman said:
I don,t want to modify a stock set I want to find a source for Hella made grills with the cutouts in them already. I did find a site for Hella surplus Hella Micro DE,s at 62$ for the full set just the way they come from the distributer but I can't buy from them you have to be a vendor and it looks like they want someone to buy all 62 sets. Definitely a great deal for some vendor on here to snap up.
So you're saying you found a site that has 62 sets of complete in-the-box Hella Micro DE's for $62 per set?!? Someone needs to set up a group buy!!! :D Please PM me with further info on this site. I'm interested in this and would like to look into it further. Thanks!