Floridian TDIers, someone needs to check this out!

pdxgrease

Veteran Member
TDI
none
yeah seems a little under priced. either its a straight scam, the owner is covering something up, or the dude is dumb about tdi prices.

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V, 2000 Beetle TDI
No emails..call at wierd times...inviting price.. I'm guessing he's playing a joke on someone to get people to call that number all night long.

loki993

TDI
none...yet
definitely wondering about that one, maybe Ill give him a call. what should I look out for for scams?? everything about the listing seems ok to me, except the price.

diredesire

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI GLS 4dr, White 5-spd
loki993 said:
definitely wondering about that one, maybe Ill give him a call. what should I look out for for scams?? everything about the listing seems ok to me, except the price.
Honestly, if this is real, you need to buy the car the first time you check it out, or someone else will. The caveat is: IF IT IS REAL. Sounds very fishy to me, but if you do a thorough once over, you may be good to go. Do a thorough check over, make sure every thing (basic) is working (lights, windows, etc). Check for tell tale signs of bad news (smelly heating/AC -- heatercore leaking etc)

If you can pay a good mechanic to come check it out for you, that'd be the best bet.

Also: be aware that he probably doesn't have the title in hand (from what I can glean from his ad)

Also, feel free to give me a small finders fee ;)

Giovanni

TDI
None
I bet he is trying to prank his ex girlfriend. Also he works nights, why is he asking to call him between 10pm - 5am? And the phone he listed is a cellphone. Sounds too good to be true and ya'll know what that means when they say "its too good to be true".