Floor Mats

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Does anyone know where I can get replacement anthracite grey floor mats for my 2004 late model Jetta TDI with Oval retention clips? I have worn two holes in my driver matt. The best I have found so far are these at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085LUPVK...UTF8&colid=G44OTXKBJJX3&coliid=I1LY7EBIAR415T

I would rather them not say Jetta on the side or I would have already purchased these ones. The Monster Mats with TDI or nothing written on them would be ok but I have only found them in black and want grey to match my cars interior.

Thanks,

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
After doing some quick searches, it seems the Monster Matt is only black?
I just bought a set from the VW dealer this week...they stock both styles (round hole or oval) and they don't say Golf or Jetta on them...just plain. However, I believe you are right...they did only have them in black.

I'll check next time I'm at the dealer...since we had the Mk4 chassis cars here in Canada until 2010, there may be more options in the carpet style mats. I had an 09 City Golf, and it had the oval style twist lock retention style mats in it.

AntonLargiader

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '03 Jetta wagon
FWIW the clips on the floor mats can be swapped out if you find round-clip mats you like. I accidentally bought round-clip Monster Mats for my sister's '05 and ended up re-using the oval clips from her stock mats.

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Thanks all for the good ideas. I almost bought a grey set with round holes as Anton suggested. Swapping the round clips with the oval ones from my old wore out mats. My local dealer said he could get me a set for $189. I told him no thanks. I called WeatherTech and they said the mats did not have clips and just set on top. They also set the mats may need to be cut a little and that the ones for the MKIV cars were the same as those for KIA and a few other cars. I ended up getting a set of anthracite gray mats from fowlerVW that should be a true color match. They have JETTA on them but I am hoping to be able to remove that easily enough or cover it with a TDI Patch. These are the ones I went with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-...S-O-/120957196387?hash=item1c299c5863&vxp=mtr