Flipped Battery

Jumpinvw

TDI
2006 TDI,2011 Jetta TDI
Hi recently had AAA come out to my house due to my Jetta not starting.... The tec tested the battery and said i needed a new one.. Being i needed to get to work .. ok replace it.. he puts the new battery in and all of a sudden all the lights, wipers and alarm go off he tells me to shut off the alarm.. i click it still all the lights and alarm goes off.. he unhooks the battery..and the car is quiet he connects it again.. more lights and wipers and alarm.. he disconnects it goes to his van nd makes a call.. comes back and he flips the battery... this time all is quiet.. he goes to start it.. tells me its not the battery and its time to tow the car.. i agree i have it towed to the garage.. and i am told that the car has no power.. the check it out finding the 60 amp fuse blown, the tell me to call AAA..
AAA sends an adjuster out.. they are now claiming they did not cause the fuse to blow nor that they are responsible for the mother board
so my question could putting in the battery backwards.. hooking the positive to negative cause the mother board to fail ?

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Time for AAA to come clean and admit that there tech messed up.
I let my AAA membership laps and not going back.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
If you connect a battery backwards even for an instant, you or AAA in this case can cause severe damage to your car.

What you need to do is take your complaint up the AAA food chain until you find someone that will not blow you off.

Quit simply, a AAA employee damaged your car and you saw him do it. Go up the AAA food chain and do not stop until you find someone that will make you whole again. Do not represent yourself as a raging lunatic. Just be polite and firm with your request to be made whole again.

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
We've been AAA members for quite a number of years, never anything but good experiences. Wouldn't be without our membership. But, as far as an individual is concerned -and these are often local towing operations who contract with AAA- you never know. If I couldn't get any joy out of AAA, I'd go to my insurance company. They can lean on the relevant people a lot harder than I can.....

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
My father in law had similar thing happen to his Accord. Outside of a blown fuse, which was fairly expensive one , around $80, nothing was damaged.