Status
Not open for further replies.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
Here, the current version of the flathead engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_engine

And here is my version, but strangely drawn ..

The wikipedia is written with the maximum degree of pairing can get a 7: 1 And this is the fundamental flaw in the solution. Therefore, this low level of compression is because the valves need to have a place in the head to be able to go in and open up. In my constructs, valves (pistons) opening up, regress to the crankcase, so the head can be completely flat, without going into the notches on the valves. With a completely flat head, the compression ratio we receive in my design, possible 27: 1 It is a circuit are adequate for spontaneous combustion - diesel engine, which takes about 18: 1 compression ratio. So you can make the First Diesel Engine in the World with flat head ....

Also will not need to divide the block and heads, because my valves (pistons) can be loaded also from the crankcase, rather than the traditional valves from the head, so when the engine submission is possible in this way, the division heads and engine block becomes redundant. You can perform when the engine entirely from one piece, except for very an emergency head gasket and bolt heads that secure critical

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...ct=p&pstcat=lifestyle&age=0&fr=onesearch&tt=b

So more or less look like the block of the world's first diesel ...

Andrew :D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I see a problem in the piston-valve projection.
If they don't project into the flat head, then the 27:1 compression has a much greater area on which to apply force to stretch the head bolts.
If they DO project into precise piston sized reliefs machined into the head, where does the last of the piston-valve volume go?
You'll need piston rings on the valves also with the attendant friction and heat issues. If the piston-valves project into the head so that their circumferential area isn't exposed to the combustion pressure you'll need rings that enter the head as well. How well will the rings transition from block to combustion chamber gap to head to gap to block 3,000 times a minute?

I think the idea needs a lot more work.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
I see a problem in the piston-valve projection.
If they don't project into the flat head, then the 27:1 compression has a much greater area on which to apply force to stretch the head bolts.
If they DO project into precise piston sized reliefs machined into the head, where does the last of the piston-valve volume go?
You'll need piston rings on the valves also with the attendant friction and heat issues. If the piston-valves project into the head so that their circumferential area isn't exposed to the combustion pressure you'll need rings that enter the head as well. How well will the rings transition from block to combustion chamber gap to head to gap to block 3,000 times a minute?

I think the idea needs a lot more work.

I do not think you understood very well .. Surely, I wrote that finger screws tightening heads, and will not at all do not have to. Valve piston is inserted from the bottom ... Only a relatively small return should cut the pomiedy cylinders (ew with backup rings ..) The engine block will be of one piece .. Now about the performance here .. Theses and Upper valve in the system exactly much greater ..

Now you can go back to my engine project new4stroke that you very much approve of ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_efficiency

Friction[edit source | editbeta]

An engine has many moving parts that produce friction. Some of these friction forces remain constant (as long as applied load is constant); some of these friction losses increase as engine speed increases, such as piston side forces and connecting bearing forces (due to increased inertia forces from the oscillating piston). A few friction forces decrease at higher speed, such as the friction force on the cam's lobes used to operate the inlet and outlet valves (the valves' inertia at high speed tends to pull the cam follower away from the cam lobe). Along with friction forces, an operating engine has pumping losses, which is the work required to move air into and out of the cylinders. This pumping loss is minimal at low speed, but increases approximately as the square of the speed, until at rated power an engine is using about 20% of total power production to overcome friction and pumping losses.
And now this. My engine new4stroke is the most vital advantage, even though it does not appear on any animation ..
Many people have spoken out about the efficiency of four-stroke engine, was stating with such engine already reached peaks of efficiency possible, and to get it to improve by 2% "The great issue" about three bilion dollars a year on research ..
Because they thought impossible, that you can make a difference when it comes to basic parameter or friction, which presented the current position of Wikipedia.
Meanwhile, my engine, changing the ratio of friction to the size of the intake air through the engine. So, but it's something that everyone seemed so far out that is constant and unchanging.
And here's the joke ... my engine, even though it is built on a base the size of a two-cylinder engine, 600 ccm, geometrically speaking, sucks about 950 ccm ... (in fact much greater).
So as if normal engine but with an additional 3 1/6 cylinder .. but the cylinder does not. This increase in the displacement give only two intake valves piston located in the cylinder head. And there may be nothing revolutionary, were it not that these pistons with rods they turn TWO TIMES slower than the basic pistons ... In connection with this, the force of inertia, which is realized as the additional volume (350 ccm) are swept up four times smaller (which I also take into account the Wikipedia)
So in general we can say that this "extra cylinder", if it could be adjoined to the basic operating system of the twice the speed, with the same parameters as the pistons sucking friction should have only 88 cc. So the difference 350 - 88 = 262 ccm, otzymujemy for free, with my engine system ... We can say that in relation to its basic size 600 ccm. Friction has been reduced by as much as 43%. suction against displacement in the traditional way ...
With modesty will not ask where my 43/2 x 3000000000000 = 64 bilon $ .... which do not have the "Great" lecture every year on the 2% increase in efficiency ....

And the real efficiency gain can be easily demonstrated mathematically ...

And of course, what Daniel suggested must take place within the limits of reasonable operation of the engine...

I can understand a lot, even that can be
stunned silence, but not for so many years ...

Also understand that it may be hard to admit to the fact that I thought differently, but I think that should be a hit in the chest and publicly admit to mistakes. Because we all now see that the PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE engine can zoom in on a lot of ...

I think it is a step by step to resolve these problems, but probably need to order, then it will be easier for us to understand next.

In addition, the prediction of the various dependencies, only take into account the experience of the old structure and small theoretical knowledge, but in the case of such a large novelty are of little use .. Let me give you my example. When designing the second prototype, I assumed it would have about 100 hp, which is almost five times more than our original engine, based on the prototype did ... It seemed to me that such achievement would be very good .. But when you start constructs experienced a number of problems that had to be removed gradually ... The biggest of them, that a certain version during the trial almost did not deprive me of life. it turned out that the engine is about 2, 5-fold greater potency than expected ... I, the designer, so much I made ​​a mistake ..
Therefore, someone who is not familiar with this design, and trying to anticipate different things, certainly a big error ... I therefore publish these things, because njak it turned out really worth it to go completely in the engine type .. among other things, I learned about this through three years of its construction, erection and commissioning ..

Andrew:D

Lug_Nut

TDI
Felix,
I did see the comment about machining the block with head as one piece, but that is less practical due to the thermal expansion of the valve pistons (the exhaust will grow at a faster rate then the general block, the cooler intake at a slower rate) and will result in less compression due to a larger gap between the intake valve piston and the blind bore in which it rides, and increased risk of interference contact on the exhaust valve piston.

I don't fully understand how you propose to laterally port these valve pistons to the power piston with an integral head design. Will you machine through from the exterior of the block and then plug the entry hole used to make the interconnection between intake and power, power and exhaust?

Your friction reduction also doesn't make sense. A stem on a traditional intake or exhaust valve has much less swept area than on your valve piston. Additionally the seal on a stem piston isn't required to withstand the compression or combustion pressure. Your valve pistons have much greater area AND have much tighter sealing requirements that will more than offset the imagined reduction in air flow impedance.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
And if so the nozzle still has a small venturi with a propeller ...
You only need to do some brake to be able to land safely ..
.. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghulwll702A

Andrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPZWUQlhvDA

Now not just a wing equipped with NACA-FELIKS profile and you can drive the turbine that is small, around larger propeller for propelling the aircraft .. (For some small gears sure) I think these two films, for people who have enough imagination to understand the principles and authenticate the actual work of such a system, which is probably exempt me of the need for prototyping ..
All the praise can enter below ... :rolleyes:

Andrew:D:D

Lug_Nut

TDI
Toof I understand well enough to realize that he's being facetious with his dubious inventions.
Felix, I thought you believed this could actually be an improvement. I congratulate you. You fooled me into believing you were serious.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
While the best place for Felik's pie-in-the-sky threads is oblivion (I wish there was a downvote button like Reddit), it's just too tempting not to comment.

Feliks, As the master of copy and paste, please copy and paste an instance where one of your ideas made it to production, and actually made sense from a durability or efficiency standpoint.

Take a look at 2micron's threads - much proof of concept in there. Makes for fascinating reading.

Your threads are all talk and no action - I am disappoint.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
Well, something for seafarers ..:rolleyes:

To the boat like this make my fan to driven even further screw in the water ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68fcO3oeS3o

It is precisely against the wind to sail the boat to .. here about sailing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_faster_than_the_wind#Sailing_dead_downwind_faster_than_the_wind
and if not faster than the wind .. hydrofoil is that it can be ...

A Hoj boaters .. A sailors feet of water under the keel ..:rolleyes:

Andrew: D

Lug_Nut

TDI
And the "Turing" test still hasn't been passed.

<edit> I looked at your pond boat video, So? Rigid wing sails have been in use for decades.
"Egg-beater" sails? Same. Here's some information description, text and drawing sketches on the concept of a convertible sailboat (wind-mill changing to traditional sail) being considered for the movie "Waterworld". The specific problems of the windmill type driving the screw propellor is noted.
http://www.oocities.org/mariner767/building.htm

Changing the subject matter of this thread from an engine design that has known problems to a sailing boat design that has problems has moved this to a non-diesel related category. I suggest we all let it die.
Please don't feed the 'troll'.
<end edit>

Last edited:

Corsair

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5M
While mechanically simple and easily serviceable, "valve in block" designs have fundamental performance limitations rooted in volumetric efficiency, even with supercharging, because the air charge must make a turn of approximately 180 degrees during the intake stroke. Designing around that inherent performance limitation is largely what gave rise to valve-in-head designs, whether pushrod or overhead cam etc.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
While mechanically simple and easily serviceable, "valve in block" designs have fundamental performance limitations rooted in volumetric efficiency, even with supercharging, because the air charge must make a turn of approximately 180 degrees during the intake stroke. Designing around that inherent performance limitation is largely what gave rise to valve-in-head designs, whether pushrod or overhead cam etc.
Yes it is a problem, but it can be done at the top of the window between the piston and the main piston suction piston, which will alleviate the problem. Furthermore, "capturing cargo suction piston, but it is much better than the valve receding against the flying cargo

Andrew:)

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
Such a thing you have to use the Windmill Red Baron .. It is much more effective and efficient than a fan, which I used in my prototype .. because I used it because I wanted it to be seen from fast shakes due to the negative pressure produced .. Also each vane pump can be used, even with the water ring seal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_pump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-fwWrFLiyY

http://www.powervacinc.com/blowers.html

It is obviously too can drive the propeller :rolleyes:

Andrew:D:D

Lug_Nut

TDI
General Automotive General automotive discussion. This is intended to be a discussion about other not VW and Diesel cars you may have or interested in.
Felix, Please return to discussing general automotive diesel subjects. The sailboat and waterpump are not "general automotive discussion". The thread is subject to being locked as being off-topic for this forum.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
Felix, Please return to discussing general automotive diesel subjects. The sailboat and waterpump are not "general automotive discussion". The thread is subject to being locked as being off-topic for this forum.
About I see that through this "weteran" well learned only publicly humiliate others, turning their name .... As a veteran, you should now know what to do ..

Andrew:cool:

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
About I see that through this "weteran" well learned only publicly humiliate others, turning their name .... As a veteran, you should now know what to do ..

Andrew:cool:
Not publicly humiliating at all, and he has a very good point.

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
" Quot: BaLa, on 06 Sept 2013 - 02:31, said:
I notice that the difference is using pistons instead of valves. But I would like to know the benefits in terms of power, torque, durability and rpm."

a brief summary of:
So yeah .. I made two prototype engines in such a system. First, this is my thesis at the Technical University. He had to show that the engine has the possibility to work at all. The assumption has done surprisingly well ..
My second prototype, with many improvements done and its description and photos are on my website. The idea was it to work in the car Fiat 126 p on car races, which were held in Poland at the time. In my assumptions had he gives an output of around 100 horsepower at 10 000 revolutions. I made a prototype with its design and start-up to a satisfactory level of about 3 years (1000 days) View as a day of work takes a good mechanic replacing a head gasket does not, for example, in the "Lotus", and you will know the approximate costs are such a prototype and its launch . ...
All these costs were, funding of my personal funds ..
But it was worth it. Flagellum yes - inventions also sometimes surprising, in a good way. Not everything new has to be wrong. IN THIS case in good page surprise was even beyond the scope of forecasts. Namely, how are the practice has shown a prototype of the engine has an output of around 250 horsepower at 10 000 revolutions .. it is dwai know half times than the expected value. with such a large difference, finding out about it was a big threat to life ... Here a little more fully described.

http://www.f1technic...t=4535&start=90

Due to this process, the engine is so big power from a relatively weak engine, its use in a racing car does not make sense, because the engine would have already collapsed at the start, using his full power. Also I did not want to risk because of this, the startup was repeatedly dismantled because some surprised me, not only when it comes to the same power. These repeated cutting weakened some of its elements, so they can no longer be too much to repeat ... But at the moment, have the engine in ready to work .. You can screw it to the 10 000 cycles. Unfortunately, I will not let the torque measurement, because it would crash ended his .. Just a reality this time by two and a half times, and so exceeded the limit of sustainability, the design ..
Strange that since 2005, despite the existence of this site, no one was willing to see the prototype at work .. However, questions are asked, and sure. You maybe someone thinks that the data you publish false. . Really, please bear the costs of a visit, and so they will be much than the venue of the construction of its new prototype, and of course a few blunders that and I had .. Operation of the engine, is in every respect a surprise in the right direction .. Maybe instead of theorizing, it is worth it alone to see for yourself.

If it comes to SERVICE LIFE is sure it will be a lot more stable, because most emergency items in today's engines are running timing and head gasket, In my design of these elements is not .....

As regards the speed that is a structure that allows no low speed, up to 30 000 revolutions of the main shaft .. crak timing schaft spins then only 15 000 cycles, while maintaining constant high precision charge exchange as the existing structure does not guarantee,

The engine has a huge advantage. The most hot item in the combustion chamber heats up, no more than 250 degrees Celsius. This is a huge advantage, because at this temperature does not occur in the most harmful NOx pollution, .. Of course, the compression ratio can also pick up a lot ..
Adding up all the advantages and possible regulatory tions, you will get about 50 % fuel efficiency, with the same parameters driving ...
Well unless you do not believe the Displacement gives more power .. :rolleyes:

Andrew:D

Feliks

Veteran Member
TDI
mercedes 508
And I understand diesel rockets for interplanetary expeditions .....:rolleyes:

Well again, some of the atom. .. It seems to me that Joseph Rotblat was the inventor of the atomic bomb and the first I became aware of the horrific possibilities. Because even as a foreigner was attached to the project Manchatan, after arranging the required formalities .. The truth value of this claim due to the following publications and videos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Rotblat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Chadwick

http://www.wiley-vch.de/books/sample/3527406905_c01.pdf

http://www.nfb.ca/film/strangest_dream

And some

Andrew :D

Status
Not open for further replies.