TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
It's 1000w.... just looked it up.
On some models, you can do tests on it using VCDS

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
so the wiring diagram for the manual heat and ac shows the trigger wire for the aux heater relay to be triggered buy the #2 fan position . mitchel on demand .

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
On what? Please supply diagram if possible.
Was the '13 JSW TDI available down there with manual HVAC?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
:rolleyes:

Coolant and air are not the same.

Please educate yourself on the subject if you're going to make these statements.
If you want to prove your statements, please supply sources (SSP, VAG documents, etc) not personal opinions, fake news, conspiracies, etc.

I'm calling you out on this because if I'm in the dark or wrong, I want to be educated on it.
Here you go. Proof of a coolant heater.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
On what? Please supply diagram if possible.
Was the '13 JSW TDI available down there with manual HVAC?
And yes. It's not the computerized HVAC. It's the manual one. Electric actuators obv. But there's no temp setting. Just high/low on the dials

FXF

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT
Anyone know what it takes to rig up a Webasto to work as if it were VW factory installed, like the Euro market cars? Anyone done this before?

I see a lot of the components, like the custom molded coolant hoses, aren't available from VW USA.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Anyone know what it takes to rig up a Webasto to work as if it were VW factory installed, like the Euro market cars? Anyone done this before?

I see a lot of the components, like the custom molded coolant hoses, aren't available from VW USA.
Just mounting, plumbing, wiring, and coding.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, so a lot. It can be done, but will run you a few k in parts of ROW market and you do need to be on top of your wiring diagrams and stuff to make your connections. I've seen Touareg guys do the retrofit, and it's super slick.... I haven't read about any G/J/P though....

FXF

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT
Do we know if the Webasto unit itself is a special VAG variant, or if I can just use a regular North American one?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There's a unique OEM system which is what I assume you are asking about.
You can get specific part numbers from etka by looking at the ROW market where it was an option.
It's a very slick system and integrates into the vehicle electronics.
You can read about it here if you are unfamiliar with it.

FXF

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT
Yes, exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link. I'll have to take a closer look when I get a chance.

I have a Thermo Top C brand new in box, so I'd like like to avoid buying a ROW VAG specific variant if I can avoid it. I'll have to dig into the wiring diagrams.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That's a "stand alone" system... not the fancy integrated one like in the link. You won't be able to tie it into everything like the OEM solution.