First VW CC TDI swap

r3gill

TDI
2004 BEW Golf, 2006 Jetta Brm, 2014 CC TDI Cjaa 6 speed Manual
There is a dude on here that made a Corado swap TDI and I lusted over that one too and had to ask for forgiveness coveting it. I think a Scirocco would be sick ... especially the new one. Too bad it never came here.
TBH it is not too hard if you're swapping a tdi into something which already came with a TDI in Europe. Everything falls into place nicely, figure out the wiring and coding isn't too hard if you know what you're doing.

DParrish

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Just found this thread. Great!

My hobby is rebuilding Diesel cars, and I've done four or five Jettas, usually with minor body damage. (I'm pretty good with engines and electrical, but real body work is black magic.) Anyway, I bought a 2011 Sportwagen that had too much frame damage for a practical rebuild, but the engine and DSG transmission are fine. In my state, it would require a complete frame rail replacement, which is beyond my equipment and maybe skill.
Later, I bought a 2012 VW CC at auction, since I like its lines. First time I cranked it up, the TSI engine jumped time and FUBARed the engine.
Sooo, why not swapped the CJAA into the CC? The Jetta is ready to drop the subframe and I've started disassembling the front end of the CC.
The question is how much difference would there be swapping with a DSG instead of a manual? The only manual Sportwagen I currently have is my full time driver.

BTW, does anyone want a mostly sorted Diesel Cruze? ;)

r3gill

TDI
Just found this thread. Great!

My hobby is rebuilding Diesel cars, and I've done four or five Jettas, usually with minor body damage. (I'm pretty good with engines and electrical, but real body work is black magic.) Anyway, I bought a 2011 Sportwagen that had too much frame damage for a practical rebuild, but the engine and DSG transmission are fine. In my state, it would require a complete frame rail replacement, which is beyond my equipment and maybe skill.
Later, I bought a 2012 VW CC at auction, since I like its lines. First time I cranked it up, the TSI engine jumped time and FUBARed the engine.
Sooo, why not swapped the CJAA into the CC? The Jetta is ready to drop the subframe and I've started disassembling the front end of the CC.
The question is how much difference would there be swapping with a DSG instead of a manual? The only manual Sportwagen I currently have is my full time driver.

BTW, does anyone want a mostly sorted Diesel Cruze? ;)
Making the ignition work might be a little tricky. I found a work around on the 6MT but no idea how it's going to work for a DSG equipped car. Good luck and keep us posted.

DParrish

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
What's the problem with starting? I know the CC uses push button start like my Corvette, and the Jetta is standard key start. I was thinking of swapping the steering column, if the push button start is part of the ECU instead of the body computer.

r3gill

TDI
What's the problem with starting? I know the CC uses push button start like my Corvette, and the Jetta is standard key start. I was thinking of swapping the steering column, if the push button start is part of the ECU instead of the body computer.
The steering lock module(push start) communicates with the CCTA engine Ecu and gets the dsg data from there I believe. However the diesel engine Ecu vag used for North American market has missing pins for the lock module. You will need the diesel engine ecu from a euro CC to have that feature, which opens up another can of worms because then you won't be able to use the CJAA ecu. This is the most trickiest part of the swap. However the manual transmission allows you to overcome this issue. I am not sure what you would do for a DSG. I like the 6MT over a DSG so not really missing anything. 👍 swapping the steering column might be an option aswell. I kept everything close to stock so never thought of that.

Last edited: