First Race Of The Season, March 21st - Portland International Raceway

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
The 2009 NHRDA Division 1 Diesel Drag Race Series is kicking off on March 21st at PIR.

Anyone else want to come out to play? It's a heckuva lot more fun when I'm not the only TDI there...:eek:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
buckweat diesel said:
sounds fun maybe i should race my turbo vw bus?:D
Yes, you should... and you and Rich should come out to the open house / BBQ at Source Automotive... :D

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
I am there. I will see if the next round of mods will allow my car to run this time:)

Maybe I will just have to run the 09' if I can pry it away from the wife;)

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
O.C.TDI said:
I am there. I will see if the next round of mods will allow my car to run this time:)

Maybe I will just have to run the 09' if I can pry it away from the wife;)
You better be careful!

If you break your wife's new car you're gonna be in BIG TROUBLE!!!!:eek:

:DKeli

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
fixumrich said:
I'll bring the Bug .. Just to see " T " go home feelin crappy about the jetta gold slug .. R
Cool! JSP is planning on coming down to the race as well. I know he'll really like to meet you!:D

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
i think i'm going to have to try and make this with some new hardware under the hood :D

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Ed's TDI said:
DAMN!! Why does this have to be so far away?! :mad:
Come on down... You know you want to.:D

Rich... I will bring some bandages for you.

Last edited:

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Ed's TDI said:
DAMN!! Why does this have to be so far away?! :mad:

Ed,

If you are going down, let me know.

If you need a place to stay going down and back, we have a extra room.

Jorry

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Thanks for the kind offer, Jorry, but unfortunately I'll be busy during that time. It's kinda right in the middle of Spring Break and I'll be spending the week with kids. Looks like we'll be up at Big White doing some snow stuff.

Best of luck to the Jetta-Girl Racing Team and anyone else that decides to participate!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Ed's TDI said:
Thanks for the kind offer, Jorry, but unfortunately I'll be busy during that time. It's kinda right in the middle of Spring Break and I'll be spending the week with kids. Looks like we'll be up at Big White doing some snow stuff.

Best of luck to the Jetta-Girl Racing Team and anyone else that decides to participate!
I sure wish you could make it, Ed! It's always fun to see you.:)

Thanks for the kind words or encouragement, we are going to do our best. :D

MyBlack94GST

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet...
I think I had a deleted post in here or something. What's your Jetta run??

Last edited by a moderator:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
MyBlack94GST said:
I think I had a deleted post in here or something. What's your Jetta run??
I don't really know what to expect this year... the car has a different set-up than last year. I'm hoping for high 15's to start. I'll let ya know in a couple weeks. :D

Are you going to come out to play?

MyBlack94GST

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet...
Haha, no. Just wondering what a modded TDI does at the track. I have an Eclipse to race when I want to go fast, but I totally respect people who go all-out on these cars. They're super torquey!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
MyBlack94GST said:
Haha, no. Just wondering what a modded TDI does at the track. I have an Eclipse to race when I want to go fast, but I totally respect people who go all-out on these cars. They're super torquey!
When my car was stock, it went 19.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Then with my DieselPower tuning box and TPC, I got down to the mid to high 16's. Last year, I had a bigger turbo (5 of them when all was said and done:eek: ) PD150 injectors, 3 bar map, dual exhaust, a few different tunes, and some sweet tires/wheels and got down into the 15's. 15.98 to be exact.

But this year, we are going to focus on keeping the turbo in one piece, and I have a different tuner that I'm working with. This first race might not be so impressive since we are a little behind schedule with plans... but I'm looking forward to a great season with great numbers to support all of our hard work on the car. :)

How fast is your Eclipse? I bet its fun to race! :cool:

MyBlack94GST

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet...
A 4 second decrease in ET is nothing to scoff at! My Eclipse (next time I bring it up), should run 12s, no problem. AWD + Turbo = drag magic. :D

Anyway, good luck this season!

jetta-girl said:
When my car was stock, it went 19.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Then with my DieselPower tuning box and TPC, I got down to the mid to high 16's. Last year, I had a bigger turbo (5 of them when all was said and done:eek: ) PD150 injectors, 3 bar map, dual exhaust, a few different tunes, and some sweet tires/wheels and got down into the 15's. 15.98 to be exact.

But this year, we are going to focus on keeping the turbo in one piece, and I have a different tuner that I'm working with. This first race might not be so impressive since we are a little behind schedule with plans... but I'm looking forward to a great season with great numbers to support all of our hard work on the car. :)

How fast is your Eclipse? I bet its fun to race! :cool:

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I guess I'm going to be in Oregon the week before this is happening and I should be at the drags, but sadly without my Golf :(

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
vwmikel said:
I guess I'm going to be in Oregon the week before this is happening and I should be at the drags, but sadly without my Golf :(
Still waiting for the manifold?

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
oldpoopie said:
Still waiting for the manifold?
I finally have all of the parts....now it's coming down to some fab work on my end. I've also been getting it ready for paint but I hate sanding so it's taking a while :rolleyes:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
vwmikel said:
It'll be nice to see you again, even if you don't get to race with us. :)

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
jetta-girl said:
It'll be nice to see you again, even if you don't get to race with us. :)
Yeah, it'll be great to see everyone again as it seems like it's been far too long.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I'm excited to see you all again! I'm headed up to JSP this weekend to have Jose and Mark Malone work some magic on the car to get it ready... I'm just hoping against all odds to have the new wrap done by then.:eek:

There is a good possibility that I won't be racing with the NHRDA, so I could probably be in the Test-n-Tune lanes with you all. That would be cool!

See you all at the track!
~Sarah