First Race Of The Season, March 21st - Portland International Raceway

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
LSD and lightened flywheel are being done right now. Hope it's all good to go by next weekend:)
Hopefully the weather is friendly.

O.C.

tdi_hopefull

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI, Biodiesel
i might make an appearance to cheer you guys on. i'll bring wetnaps to wipe everyone's soot filled face at the end of the night.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
tdi_hopefull said:
i might make an appearance to cheer you guys on. i'll bring wetnaps to wipe everyone's soot filled face at the end of the night.
That's so considerate of you! Hope you can make it, it will be great to see you again!
:)

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
I'm surprised Aaron (BleachedBora) hasn't made an appearance yet in this thread... Doesn't he have a standing bet that he can beat jetta-girl?

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
JetPuf said:
I'm surprised Aaron (BleachedBora) hasn't made an appearance yet in this thread... Doesn't he have a standing bet that he can beat jetta-girl?
Thank you!! I wasn't going to bring it up, but you were there the first time he backed out with a lame-o excuse... LOL

Bring it, Aaron, I'll be ready for you! (I hope) LOL

:D :cool:

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Wow Big words for a Little Girl :D...Sorry Sarah just kidding.Hope you have an awsome first race and hope i can come and make it when it is a bit closer to Home.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
We've been busy getting the car ready for the first race... I think we've solved the traction problems I've been having on launch. I can't wait to actually be at the track and see what sort of 60' times the car turns out.

:D

See you guys in a week!

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I am hoping to have mine back by Wednesday so I can try to break in a new clutch by Saturday evening.:rolleyes:

The weather looks like it might try to put up a fight for us.:(

Less than a week:D
O.C.TDI

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
U still at the shop BW?:eek: :eek:
Too many VISO for you!!!!!!

OC, you gonna run with those snow tires? LOL

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
fixumrich said:
It's gonna rain like crazy ... No Race Sorry Ladies and Gents. Rich !
Now you're starting to sound like BB... Chickening out! :eek: ;) :D

Are you guys going to the Source Automotive BBQ? I'll be there, sounds like a good time. I also might go over to the track earlier in the day, rumor is they have a tnt session before the gates reopen for the race.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Oh - I forgot...
Anyone need directions to Source Automotive? They are in Millwaukie, OR. PM me if you need some directions.:)

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
fixumrich said:
It's gonna rain beetle parts like crazy ... No Race Sorry Ladies and Gents. Rich !
I fixed your post. Wow, you can't even wait until Saturday to chicken out huh. :)

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
I'll be getting out of work at 6pm so hopefully I'll come right over

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Tranny is done. Clutch is ready. Should have car back tomorrow night, then I can start bedding the clutch in. It will be nice to have my car back. I hate driving the Passat. :)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
O.C.TDI said:
Tranny is done. Clutch is ready. Should have car back tomorrow night, then I can start bedding the clutch in. It will be nice to have my car back. I hate driving the Passat. :)
Good to hear! Is your wife going to bring out her new car?

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I am pretty sure she will. I am not sure if it will voyage down the track, but there is a possibility. I will be at Source on Saturday after a meeting. Hoping around 2-3:00

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
That's cool if she doesn't want to race... I wanna check out her new car! I haven't got to see one yet.

See ya at Source, I think we'll be getting there around 1:30 or 2:00.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
turns out I double booked myself and wont be able to make it. Keep me posted on how everyone does. I'll miss ya'll!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Have you ever seen a Mk5 get into the mid-15's???

15.5, baby!:cool:
(On edit: I fat-fingered the time... It was actually 15.6 - Sorry for the confusion!)
I'll post up some more details once I get home and take a look at my log books. My temps were in the 1400's and the waste-gated turbo performed beautifully maintaining PSI's between 25.0-25.2.

Got to race against OCTDI and we were neck and neck down the track, which was a lot of fun. Especially after the race event we both coordinated last summer, but had both our turbos blow the day of the event. And I got to see the Evil Beetle run down the track. TDIHopeful and VWMikel & Stephani came out to support, and it was great to see them all again.:)

I didn't do so great in the competition end of things, I lost second round by being .42 off my dial-in which is terrible, but I still had a great time.

It was great to have some TDI friends at the track, thanks for coming out!:D

Last edited:

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
My best run was 16.414, with a drivers tune and studless snow tires.:eek:
I did not have time to get an alignment and swap my summer tires on, so I ran the snows. LSD was a very nice addition, and the clutch was just barely broken in.

Had a great time, it was good to see everyone again, and my car didn't self destruct:D. I will definately be setting up racing after the big summer GTG again. Don't double book yourself this time Poopie.

O.C.TDI

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
jetta-girl said:
Have you ever seen a Mk5 get into the mid-15's???

15.5, baby!:cool:
NICE!! Great job, Sarah!! Just think, once you've got your driving technique dialed in with the new setup, you should be able to shave another .5 seconds off and get that over-weight barge into the high 14's!!! Or maybe you should leave the kids at home and strip out the interior and spare tire!! ;)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Ed's TDI said:
NICE!! Great job, Sarah!! Just think, once you've got your driving technique dialed in with the new setup, you should be able to shave another .5 seconds off and get that over-weight barge into the high 14's!!! Or maybe you should leave the kids at home and strip out the interior and spare tire!! ;)
Thanks, Ed! After getting home, I noticed I accidentally fat-fingered my time. It was actually a 15.6 and was with the daily driving tune.

I hope to see you out on the track again!;)

I corrected my post above to show the actual time.

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
i raced riches love bug it was fun
it was slower in times on NOS but the mph was faster 95mph 15.066no nos 97 mph with nos:confused: 15.197
thanks jose for comming down i liked your car
and jetta girl you shock im gonna steal them rich needs them:D
wow its time to go back to race 520 5 holes 7 holes suck azz(can you say flat spot at 4 -4500 rpm:mad: and smoke like snoop dog:p

kirda

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2002 Golf Tdi
buckweat diesel said:
it was slower in times on NOS but the mph was faster 95mph 15.066no nos 97 mph with nos:confused: 15.197
wow its time to go back to race 520 5 holes 7 holes suck azz(can you say flat spot at 4 -4500 rpm:mad: and smoke like snoop dog:p
Thanks for all the help with my Golf, it's always great to know that there are people out there that will go out of their way to help others at a drop of a dim.

I just ordered 2x idle screws (one for the emergency back up).

It was great meeting all you guys at the track, hope we can spend more time together next time.

Thank guys

Jose

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
buckweat diesel said:
I am not giving up my new shocks! :p

I'll sell ya some, at a price you can call a steal... :D

Glad you guys got to finally meet the man that built my car, Jose. Just wish it was under better circumstances...

By the way, Jose, how was the drive home? :eek: