First GTG of 2011 - Ho5G style!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Thanks--as always--to P&J for being the primo TDIGTG hosts!! :D

We have all come to expect great food and drink, expert advice and occasional criticism (where was Herm!!??!!), skilled helpers, and of course, fantastic weather. I don't know how they do it. :)

Special thanks to Lug_Nut and MikeS for helping breathe some new life into Krappy. :cool: The old girl looked good up on that lift, didn't she? The e-brakes will work one day, and thanks to Lug_Nut, "the list" grew a bit. When is the next GTG?

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
I too was impressed with the hospitality, and comradeship shown at the GTG. Thanks so much P&J. I regret having to leave early. :D

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Thanks to Peter & Julie for hosting another great GTG! Ho5G is such a valuable resource to the TDI owners of New England, and farther.

Also thanks again to LugNut for his assistance with a stubborn hose clamp during a Frostheater install. It was in the 30s this morning, so I didn't plug it in to try it out yet. It's supposed to get into the 20s overnight, so I'll probably try it tomorrow AM.

I think I'll wind up taking my laptop apart one more time today to try to remedy a the sticking mouse button. Hopefully isopropyl will do the trick.

Last edited:

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Thank you to all for an amazing weekend!!! Special thanks to Nicole for helping me pull off the surprise and for being so kind as to wake at 3:30am to take me to the airport.

To Peter and Julie: Thank you so much for taking me in even when I show up unannounced.

It was good to spend a holiday with the TDI family.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Peter and Julie,

Thanks again for another great GTG. Got a little bit done on both cars although the young one took the new old one away to early. Thanks to Mike for the help with the lift pump. I'll need to reschedule for a brake bleed - got to hogging the garage again...Happy New Year Everyone! Diesel On!

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Another great GTG at HO5G, thanks to Julie and Peter. Kristina and I had a wonderful time, I only wish we could stay longer. I want to thank Peter for bleeding my brakes and also thank every one (especially MrChill) for helping to diagnose my turbo. It was really nice to see everyone again.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Thank you Peter & Julie for hosting another TDI family GTG, and on New Years! 'Twas a great way for Dean & me to spend a First!!! We enjoyed seeing everyone again.
Thanks for 'putting up' with my vegetarianism!
Happy 2011!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Haiku or the fridge magnets!!! So good to have you home away from home.

Good times and good friends.

P&J

TooRoundTDI

Skunk Rocker
TDI
1998 Jetta
Thanks for the always great hospitality Peter and Julie, you guys are the best! It was SO great seeing everyone again and meeting new people. Have some pictures ya'll

Beer tractor

The girls build a snowman while the men watch and take pictures. Offering no help because it was funnier that way

Hamster giving Phoenix42 the snowball business (its above the open garage)

Brian loving the new Merc wagon

Hamster and onlyinabeetle trying to break their necks on the bunny hill

A sexy Audi on a sexy lift

Proof that a Mercedes will get you chicks

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
GoTDIcandy, both you and ecodan drove up from PA for this? If so, that means we had folks from PA, VA, CT, RI, NY, MA, ME, MI, and...(?) at this little GTG.

I think that's amazing. It sure says something about our hosts! They attract people from all over! :D

BeetleGo

TDI
File under, "OH duh!" Of course! Sorry Haiku. Silly me.

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
A new non-fruit punch... perhaps more of a breakfast punch for next time I make it to a GTG:

Milk Punch
Adapted from Canal House, v.2
5 cups of a mixture of whole milk and half-and-half (4:1 is suggested, but I might go more like 3:2 next time)
1 1/2 cups bourbon, another whiskey or brandy
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish.
In a pitcher, whisk together milk, half-and-half, bourbon, sugar and vanilla. Freeze until slushy, which will take 3 to 4 hours, but you can leave it in there up to a day. Stir before serving it in chilled glasses, finished with a few gratings of fresh nutmeg.

At least Ohio results in some decent recipes.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
If one were to steal a Mercedes CDI, that would have been the ideal situation ;)
For those of you looking to "steal" a CDI, check out these links and if interested call the place and talk to Richard. He didn't bull **** me. That's a first for any dealer in New Engand. Just be careful of the showroom candy when you visit :)

http://www.bentleyboston.com/ou/wayland-bentley/2110_1305/inv/2006Mercedes-BenzE-Class/B1247

http://www.bentleyboston.com/ou/wayland-bentley/2110_1305/inv/2006Mercedes-BenzE-Class/B1248

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Thanks for another great GTG! It was great catching up with you all again and ringing in the new year with my New England family. Rachel, it was awesome getting to see you ... thanks for the surprise! :D

Chasing the sunset on the way back to Michigan

Hot! Audis get you chicks, too. ;)

Unfailing the 5000

How many ladies can you fit in the trunk of a Benz?

BlueCTTDi working on the Uber-Golf

Invisibility Cloak

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Frostheater install on the MayorDJQ's new commonrail

Rainbow zip ties!

Ready for the rally!

Mod planning with Mr. Chill

The 300TD with enough stuff in the back to build another 300TD

Chez ho5g

VeeDubTDI

TDI
All lined up, nice and neat

The centerpiece

Ringing in the new year!

What is Rachel up to???

bhtooefr, BRUSSELS, Haiku, onlyinabeetle, mr. onlyinabeetle

up to no good on New Year's Eve

Balloon Time is serious business

(Sorry for posting the pics in reverse order)

All of my pictures are available here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lawsonearl/Ho5g1111

Last edited:

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Well Peter you did it again and I missed it again. Stupid heater in the house messed up by the roofers kept shutting down till I got all the junk out of the fresh air return to the firebox.
On a good note I found a set of .681 gears like I had in my 01 to install a next springs Ho5G / Impex fest which ever comes first. Have a happy new year everyone and I will be at the next one.

Jerry/Birdman

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Happy New Year to everyone. Looks like I missed a good one. We'll most likely start heading back to MA late Thursday.

"The Family Waggin" Pulls Landscaper duties in FL

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Looks like I missed a great GTG at the Ho5G! I was driving back to Nashua NH from Cocoa Beach FL on Saturday (1/1/11) in my 2010 JSW TDI.
1400 miles, 22 hrs driving straight-thru (no overnight stop), 24 hours total trip time due to food and fuel stops. Only 2 fuel stops needed. :cool:

Last edited:

tommyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 white Jetta TDI 5 spd M, 9
Photos!

First, many many thanks to Peter & Julie for once again hosting an incredible event. If I ever need to choose a date well into the future that will have perfect weather, I know who to ask!

I got all tied up in some projects as soon as I returned, but finally posted some photos. I am out of space in this forums, so I have them on Photobucket. Click this LINK

BeetleGo

TDI
TommyT, these photos are GREAT! :cool: Some of these in particular are really good. That one of Mr. Chill and Haiku? Awesome. There are two of PeterV that really captures him when he's thinking. There are others as well, but you definitely are the photog man.

Oh, and I couldn't agree with you more about the weather. 9 chances out of 10 the weather at the Ho5G will be blow-you-away nice.