First fire up of the season...FAIL!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
2015 mk7 wagon
64k miles

sat for 8 months. fired it up, christmas tree dash. over 1000 lines in vcds auto scan (!!) lots of errors. so i killed them all, nearly every code was related to low voltage, and the only two that reappear instantly, and i can't get rid of are:

1,) 4640 oil temp sensor (g8), signal too low
p0197 00 [039]

2,) p2614 00 [039] eletrical malfunction/open
coolant pump #3.

I don't know if it's safe to drive with the coolant pump issue, and the oil temp instantly reads 174*F, which is obvious why of it's inaccurate reading.

so, my two questions, where is the sensor located, and which of the pumps is #3 located? I've changed my oil and filter several times, and always unplugged the pump near the filter housing, but when i parked it there were no issues, so i doubt that's the cause.
I'm pointing at mice at this time until i actually find where they're located and start tracing wires.

i thumbed through the menu's and could not find basic adaptations/tests for the coolant pump activation. good chance i simply overlooked it as well.

any input thanks ahead of time.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Yep, pump and oil temp sensor are right in that area and are literally the low hanging fruit for mice/rats vacationing in your splash pan. They got to my temp sensor and power steering harnesses during the 2-year stop sale dealer "storage" period.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
oil temp sensor is in the pan, coolant pump is probably that connector you need to pull to get access to the oil filter.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Well, got around to pulling plastic shield. They destroyed the harness as it comes from subframe forward, and splits into the oil temp sensor and (1 of 3? I know of 2 besides the belt driven one) electric water pump hanging behind the block/drive shaft. I got the plugs removed from sensor and water pump, and they left me about 1.5" of wire on each one. There's probably 2ft of loom from car to sensor/pump that's completely shredded and gone.

Luckily i was able to pop some loom clips and pull back and let 8" of carside loom hang so I can solder with sanity.

Little mother F'ers. At work I'll try and hunt up some proper supplies and get this sorted. Yes, I'm going all out. Solder, heat tube, heavy tape, loom wrap, as this is not butt connector territory. Very lucky as between the 6 wires in question, they're all different marked, exception is the 2 brown, but one is obviously heavier gauge.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Unfortunately I think I voided the warranty.
Hopefully the photos show. So close to the CV shaft and elements I tried to not do a garbage job. Butt soldered and double heat shrinked, wrapped, then taped. The plastic barb tee was an a decent idea to split the harness with any durability expectations.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Zero codes. Always started, just was concerned with the one electric pump not moving water.