Firad injectors

SilverMk4

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI GLS
Hi everyone, new to the club. I’ve got a 2003 Alh with 340,000 and still chugging along. Anyways I’m wondering about Firad injectors my experienced vw/tdi mechanic told me he ordered Firad pp520s is this correct? And where can I find them to look at specs? All I’ve found is p502s from Firad. And what do people think of them compared to Bosios.

Thanks I’m advance.

454k30

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
As far as I know the PP designation only comes from Bosio and designates their Power Plus line of nozzles. Firad are fine nozzles from what I've read but I do not have personal experience with them. Did your mechanic mention from where he sourced them? ID Parts has a injector/nozzle upgrade package that mentions having either Firad or Bosio nozzles, but in truth only the Bosio nozzles are optioned.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
PP520 is a Bosio product. Firad does make a good product, as noted above, but they don't have the PowerPlus hole quantity (5 instead of 4) and design that Bosio has. Nor do they have the DLC (diamond-like coating) that is supposed to help prolong nozzle life when using ULSD.

That aside, I have Firad nozzles in my Passat. They work great. As long as you got the right size nozzle for your setup either Bosio or Firad should be fine.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
And, the right tuner will be a huge part of getting you car to run correctly.
There are many of us here that use " burpod" as our tuner, and could not be happier with the results. I thought my Jetta ran really good until I loaded one of his tunes, wow!, what a beast she is now. Oh, she gets really good FE now too.

Last edited:

SilverMk4

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI GLS
PP520 is a Bosio product. Firad does make a good product, as noted above, but they don't have the PowerPlus hole quantity (5 instead of 4) and design that Bosio has. Nor do they have the DLC (diamond-like coating) that is supposed to help prolong nozzle life when using ULSD.

That aside, I have Firad nozzles in my Passat. They work great. As long as you got the right size nozzle for your setup either Bosio or Firad should be fine.
Ok thanks! The injector and nozzles were bought together as a set

SilverMk4

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI GLS
And, the right tuner will be a huge part of getting you car to run correctly.
There are many of us here that use " burpod" as our tuner, and could not be happier with the results. I thought my Jetta ran really good until I loaded one of his tunes, wow!, what a beast she is now. Oh, she gets really good FE now too.
Yes! I’ve been talking with but I’d over the past couple days and picking his brain… will be going to him shortly after injectors and nozzles are replaced