FINALLY, getting my tdi delivered on monday

fast16

TDI
looking 2010 tdi jetta dsg
After reading through forums i decided its time to get a TDI!!!!! woohooo, the dealer i went too just gave me a deal that i could not refuse. Black 2010 vw jetta tdi with black interior 17" wheels, ipod kit or w.e, and sunroof. They didnt have any on the lot the combination i wanted so they're getting one in from columbus ohio. hopefully getting it on monday. Will post pics soo excited!!!!!!:)

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Nice combination. Congrats. You have made a good decision.

Got access to B100 to mix in some lubricity? Ultra low sulfur diesel fuel is supposed to get lubricity additives before showing up at the pump. Different suppliers have their own formula to meet national spec, but there seems to be some variability. Make sure you have a good fuel supplier or just add some lubricity insurance. No big deal, but many of the veterans around here have some good advice about it. I am using Opti-Lube XPD because it is easy to find and it seems to have good data. But there are other options..

Make your decision early, and stick with it. Peace of mind.

fast16

TDI
thanks alot guys, and dubstorm i have no access to B100, i plan on using the shell gastation across from my house for diesel. What do u guys think good supplier or should i go to BP haha

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
thanks alot guys, and dubstorm i have no access to B100, i plan on using the shell gastation across from my house for diesel. What do u guys think good supplier or should i go to BP haha
I usually just take advice around here. I am good with fixing electronics, installing aftermarket stuff, and willing to post how-tos when I can, but this issue requires more senior advice. Poke around and you'll find lots of opinions here. Choose one.:D

DEM

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2010 - dumped it for Golf R
if you cross the border often pick out a good diesel station on the Canadian side and fuel there every time you are going home. Canadian diesel is supposed to be made to a better standard.

fast16

TDI
ohhh okay gotcha, and what about xenon lights for the jetta? i mean anyway too get them?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
ohhh okay gotcha, and what about xenon lights for the jetta? i mean anyway too get them?
If your new TDI is a sedan, you are in luck, it has a MKv front end and several options are possible. To do it right, it is not cheap, but it is possible. If your new TDI is a Sportwagen (which has a MKVI front end), you will have to wait until more options appear. Do a search for BiXenon and learn more about your options. Do not bother with cheap aftermarket HID conversion bulbs, they are more trouble than they are worth. You want to get the "factory" BiXenon lights for correct functioning.

Have Fun!

Don

fast16

TDI
yes my new tdi is going too be a sedan. Yeah i want too do it the OEM way any good websites too actually take a look at the parts and stuff?
thanks alot

sgoldste01

Veteran Member
TDI
None; Replaced 2010 Golf TDI with 2012 Subaru Impreza 5-door with manual tranny
Have you priced adding OEM HIDs to a car? My understanding is that this is obscenely expensive.

I have the HIDs on my 2010 Golf. They were a $700 option. I think they're OK, but I wouldn't pay more than that for them. If I had to pay $2k, I never would have ordered them. They look cool, and it's entertaining to watch them adjust themselves when I first turn the car on, but from a performance point of view I don't think they do much for me.

Last edited:

fast16

TDI
ehhh i have always wanted them, since on my last car i didnt have them so i was thinking i should get them on this car since i'm going to have it for a long time might as well make it worthwhile you know. Is there any other cheaper way of going?

fast16

TDI
thanks alot wild, and no its fine i bought mine for 28,000 otd with new plate

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
You have my car, but a 2010, and with two options I wanted: splashguards and lip spoiler. Care to get a rear profile so I can see what it looks like from the other angle? :)

Also be aware that any of the MkV grilles will go on the front to replace "ol' chromey" if you want. It's more parts, but you can put the TDI Cup body kit on the front as well.

fast16

TDI
ziggy, no problem i'll try too get the other pic u asked for and as far as the grill goes i'll probably swap it out for the wolfsburg grill,
antsrcool, u also have too see what options i got with mine sunroof, splash guards, lip spoiler, mdi, and the upgraded 17 inch wheels, and dsg tranny,

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
28000 yeesh i paid less for my cup edition
Yeah - I wish I could trade mine in for a TDI Cup edition (incl. body kit) because they are way cheaper. Don't know why though. I paid $27 + finance charges + extended warranty for my 09 (should have talked them down)

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
:(
thanks alot wild, and no its fine i bought mine for 28,000 otd with new plate
Thanks for sharing, although I feel I opened can of worms.

Guys let fast16 enjoy his new car without rubbing it in how much less you paid for yours, what done is done.

zoompastu

TDI
06 Jetta
Buying a new car is a fun time. Congrads on your new TDI!!. I do sell cars and I will says this... the BEST thing you can do to any new car is add the 3M clear shield (and only the 3M product!!) to keep the front looking new like it is now. If your dealer is FOOLISH and dose not offer it then you can go to any dealer (Chevy, Mazda, Ford, Kia ect...) and get a price from them and a trained tech will order the kit for your Jetta and install it. It is money well spent. You will kick yourself after that first rock chip. Anyway have fun and enjoy it. I know I am enjoying mine. :D