Finally found and bought NB

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Well, the wife wanted a new car, a girly car. So I gave her three options, that bubble looking car from that German company, or a Volkswagen Beetle, or the New Beetle from VW!! After much searching as she wanted it in lime, Lime guys!?!? And needed a sunroof. And leather heated seats. And a CD player. Finally found one from Texas. Bought it. And currently waiting delivery. Bought the 505.01 for it from World Impex. And a new Cat filter system. Anything else I should do before driving it??

Hobbes22

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 2006, Red
beachkokopelli said:
Well, the wife wanted a new car ... she wanted it in lime ... And needed a sunroof. And leather heated seats. And a CD player...
Wow! A woman that knows what she wants. :) Man, I wish the next time my wife needs a car she would know what she wanted. :confused:

Lime is alright. That's part of what makes Bugs cool. You can see 10 Bugs in one day and 8 of them were different colors. I do have to say I kinda like Salsa Red better.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Thanks, it came with a spoiler too, I'm presuming not to get the service records of this car. Is there any way to check if the timing belt was done at the 100,000 point? Think we'll just go with the Van Aaken tuning box and maybe the injectors. How easy/ difficult are injectors to install?

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Just what year is it? And what type of transmission?

You said in your first post that you have 505.01 oil for it. That implies a PD motor meaning it would be a 2004/5/6. 117,000 miles on any one of those years would be quite a bit... Also, if it is an 04/5/6 then I would not plan on doing the injectors. PD injectors (pump-injector units) are a whole different beast than a normal injector.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
sorry its a 2003. And though I have 505.01 oil for it, its my understanding that that'll be fine for the beetle right?? It's an automatic. It arrived while we were out of town. And after hearing it, I'm pretty damn sure the timing belt hasn't been changed. How easy/ difficult is to change it??