Finally.. a Mk5 Jetta 3" Downpipe *installed*

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Picked up the car today, after getting this put on:

Gonna go get the rest of my exhaust 3" tomorrow.

Very happy with the Boostlogic 3" downpipe, car sounds amazing, and it seems like the turbo spools quicker and more effortless.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Richard55 said:
Whats it worth to you? ;)

They are in the process of getting a pre-build list together. If you want one, call them. The more that call, the cheaper they're going to be.

Here's an installed pic:

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Mach1 said:
Spicewood exhaust gtg!!
robbinsresort said:
Hey, that's a great idea!!! :D
Haha lol :) clever. Ive been hinting at him that I want him finish my exhaust out the rest of the way after the DP in 3" SS after he does his...

The Chris

TDI
2008 R320 (if CDI's count)
I would like to see dyno results before purchasing something like this. Also, not a fan of getting rid of the cat.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
The Chris said:
I would like to see dyno results before purchasing something like this. Also, not a fan of getting rid of the cat.
Their dyno room will be open next month (boostlogic). I'm sure due to the awesomeness of this board, someone will volunteer to dyno it stock and then with the DP.

Furthermore, this design has QUITE the area of straight pipe in the tunnel where you could fit a 6" pipe. If you wish, a 3" catalyst would easily go in that location if you clipped the pipe right there. In texas, diesels legally do not have a catalyist, and I love the sound without it... so I dont see the reason to "need" to have one.

tdimymy

TDI
Black 11" Jetta TDI 6sp Auto (mine) Navy Blue 12" Jetta TDI Manual (wifes)
V do you have any video of your car with the new exhaust?? Im getting impatient on waiting for them to make mine and I want to hear it.....:p

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
velociT said:
In texas, diesels legally do not have a catalyist, and I love the sound without it... so I dont see the reason to "need" to have one.
We "legally" aren't required to do emissions testing like the gassers are. We still have catalytic converters just like everyone else. I believe it is still a federal no no to disable polution control equipment on a vehicle.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lightflyer1 said:
We "legally" aren't required to do emissions testing like the gassers are. We still have catalytic converters just like everyone else. I believe it is still a federal no no to disable polution control equipment on a vehicle.
I think Dave is right here. No testing here of course, and not required to have one "per say", but illegal and big fine if you are proven to have removed it. But that does not stop many from doing so. Most of the big diesel trucks cut them too. Me...on the fence...

By the way does that flex look kind of short to anyone else? V how long is it 6" or 9"? Thanks

Last edited:

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
tdimymy said:
V do you have any video of your car with the new exhaust?? Im getting impatient on waiting for them to make mine and I want to hear it.....:p
I dont have a camera, but if anyone has one in the ctx area, I'll meet up with them over the weekend if we can work something out.

SBAtdijetta said:
By the way does that flex look kind of short to anyone else? V how long is it 6" or 9"? Thanks
Not sure, but whereas the stock unit uses the flex pipe for 100% of movement, the BL one also uses rubber hangars, so it allows for some movement as well as the flex.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
velociT said:
I dont have a camera, but if anyone has one in the ctx area, I'll meet up with them over the weekend if we can work something out.
V Im too far... But maybe PM Dave and ask?

velociT said:
Not sure, but whereas the stock unit uses the flex pipe for 100% of movement, the BL one also uses rubber hangars, so it allows for some movement as well as the flex.
Ahh thanks for that, good to know! I was just crawling under mine taking pics and measuring.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I have a camcorder that might be able to be used. It seems to have a problem working outside when in the Caribbean, works fine at home in the house. Call me and we will try and work something out. Then the hard part is getting it on the computer and onto the web.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
There will be problems if they enact the visual inspection at inspection time, fist will be Travis, then Williamson counties. The next step would be the sniffer up the tailpipe. But like SB says, you could put a Cat back in-easy.

I am thinking the 3" is overkill and going to press on with a 2.5" Dp and then to 3" after the flex section. I am going to use SS and then of course would have the whole exhaust system ceramic coated and then probably heat wrap it. The exit would be VERY unconvential but simplistic. If the heat was minimized enough, i then would cover the tunnel underneath to clean up the belly pan, instead of it being open. But then I am looking to increase fuel economy. If it increases power then I will take it.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
To all those who asked about MPG with these mods.....

Two tank average before intake/downpipe: 41.3

Just filled her up, went 680 miles on 15.02 gallons! Almost in the 700 club.

Thats 45.xx mpg driving the exact same. Discuss.