Filling FF can with power service?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Just wanted to get some opinions on this. I just did my first ff change and used PS to fill the canister on my 2013 passat. What are the pros and cons of doing this? It fired up and ran with out any problems but just wondering. I believe I read it's mostly diesel anyway.

Last edited:

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Other than the cost, isn't a problem. Personally, I now let my lift pump fill it -or- before that I used my Mity-Vac to draw fuel until full.

Sorry, just saw you're talking about an Mk6. Could be more relevant input to be had.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
From the smell, Power Service seems to me ~95% benzene.

The MSDS states that Power Service has 11% benzene: http://www.powerservice.com/msds/pdf/cd_msds.pdf

Benzene is as flammable as gasoline (and as explosive).

In my mind, filling up the fuel filter with only Power Service is like filling up the fuel filter with premium gasoline.

Even if only 11% benzene as per the MSDS, that means that a full fuel filter of Power Service will feed the CP4.1 a high 11% mix of benzene.

The fuel filter casing has a volume of between a full pint and a quart.

Think about: VW says that 1% of gasoline is enough to shred the CP4.1, and 11% benzene is ~ 11% ultra-high premium gas.

I would only fill up the fuel filter with plain vanilla diesel, or with diesel with the proper amount of Power Service mix.

Last edited: