Fest sites & parking

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
Lake Mills looks like a small enough town - how close are the Fest event sites to each other? Will we be able to park our car in one location and walk to the others? (aside from Fort Atkinson, or the non-fest brewery!)

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
turbinia, Yes! You will indeed be able to park and walk to this years fest activities. All activities thus far are located within 2 small blocks of each other. That was a factor we wanted to achieve at this fest. This way folks at the fest don't have to worry about locating an off site venue and will hopefully allow attendees to mingle more and meet more fellow TDI'ers. The only other fest activity thus far is the ice cream ride and banquet dinner. Hope to see you at the fest!
Jeff

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
That sounds really nice! I'm looking forward to it, especially learning about basic do-it-yourself maintenance. Ironically enough, it looks like I will be forced to change out the fuel filter BEFORE coming up there.

Mmmmm ... ice cream ride ... yum yum - tell me more!

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Here is the info on the ice cream social.

8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Ice Cream social at Frostie Freeze in Fort Atkinson.

They are donating a bunch of cones to our group. Should be a fun time!

See you at the fest. Jeff

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ice creammmmmm.....

See this thread regarding New Englanders' fascination with cold, frosty treats!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
What flavor is a "Golf" freeze?

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Will there be signs posted for TDI'rs for parking? I would hope there will be signs in general posted to help all of us out of towners whether we're from a mere two hours away like myself or for folks who have had more time in the saddle...Please post if you know the scoop.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Parking on Saturday will be on the West end of Rotary Park. See the third map on the Map Thread for the location of the park. This will the main parking area throughout the Fest, and is near where the pig roast and pictures will be Saturday night. Cars hoping to get shop time may want to park near Topel's. There will be a line for Dyno vehicles, and a line for the slow speed competition. There will be volunteers out helping direct where vehicles should be.

E