Fest location questions

Bryan42

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, Blue
I see the hotel is listed in Fort Atkinson but the festival is at Lake Mills. Mapquest thinks those are 12.5 miles apart. So, where is everything located?

Should we drive to Fort Atkinson for registration, then over to Lake Mills for all the festival activities?

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
If you are arriving on Saturday, we should have the registration booth setup in the hotel conference room until around noon. After that, we will move stuff over to Lake Mills. Those arriving after noon should head to Topel's Towing and Repair in Lake Mills (1110 S Main St) for directions and registration.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
depends on when you're arriving. The registration booth will only be at the hotel Friday evening and up until about noon on Saturday. Then it will be at the TOWN HALL building in Lake Mills.

reason we're doing this is to try and accomodate those that get in late Friday or EARLY Saturday morning.

To answer your question though...yes, Ft. Atkinson is about 10 miles away from Lake Mills.

Friday night is a meet in greet social time and a cruise over to get an ice cream for those that want to go?

On Saturday, the events will be over in Lake Mills.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Does Topel's happen to have WiFi internet? It would be easy to throw up a webcam for those who couldn't make it this year...

-J

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If there is wireless anywhere, I can just plop my laptop down and let the cam run.

Could I get a few people to help us test bandwidth?

http://paserv.homeip.net/tdi/

Right now it's just looking at the driveway. I need to find the IR filter for the cam back... I took it out for some reason... and it can't handle natural light (as you can see). If you open it, please vote in the poll so we can get an idea of our bandwidth. Thanks!

EDIT: Borrowed my friend's cam... looks a lot better now...

-J

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
The only Fest location that I know has Wi-Fi is the Fest Hotel (Holiday Inn Express). Other than that, we'd probably have to do a land line of some kind. And of the remaining locations, only Topel's would even have a land line.

E