Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I want to get an idea of many gallons/litres we would need for a bulk delivery. It's early, but I want to get a start on this.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Before people commit, I would assume they will want to know the price.

At the 05 Fest, we went through all 1,800 gallons of B100 that were available, and could have easily went through more. The price was $2.75/gallon.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
A year's time is too early to say what type of pricing will be next year. I am really looking for volume. I understand that pricing would have an effect on how much people would get it for. To use as a guide. Let's say ~3.25 a gallon.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Or just about the 05 fest price when the small gallons were factored in.
Just as with the loaves and fishes the 1,800 gallons turned into nearly 2,000...
And isn't "si" also french for "if" as in "s'il ne coup trop cher"?

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Or just about the 05 fest price when the small gallons were factored in.
Just as with the loaves and fishes the 1,800 gallons turned into nearly 2,000...
And isn't "si" also french for "if" as in "s'il ne coup trop cher"?
Factor in the "small gallons", and the price was about $3.00 a gallon.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
A year's time is too early to say what type of pricing will be next year. I am really looking for volume. I understand that pricing would have an effect on how much people would get it for. To use as a guide. Let's say ~3.25 a gallon.
Pricing depends a lot on who you get it from. Some vendors around here seem to keep the price at 1$ over D2
. Others are currently in the $2.69-$2.99 range.

Here in DC we can get 55-gallon barrels delivered for about $3.30/gallon. Assuming you have space for 55-gallon barrels, of course.

How did they handle this at the previous fest - what kind of truck did they bring, and how did they meter it out to folks? Did the truck have to wait around while they dispensed it?

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Pricing depends a lot on who you get it from. Some vendors around here seem to keep the price at 1$ over D2
. Others are currently in the $2.69-$2.99 range.

Here in DC we can get 55-gallon barrels delivered for about $3.30/gallon. Assuming you have space for 55-gallon barrels, of course.

How did they handle this at the previous fest - what kind of truck did they bring, and how did they meter it out to folks? Did the truck have to wait around while they dispensed it?
It was a truck that arrived from the Twin Cities - they had the meter and fuel in large containers in the back of a box truck.

And the state nearly messed the whole thing up. Memo to organizers and vendors: get tax issues resolved before the Fest.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I was thinking about the tax issues, kind of why I want to get an esitmate of how much volume. In 2004 Boston, they had your typical Home Heating oil truck pull up. I would like to present a supplier of how much we need and try to get some type of bulk delivery.

There is a start up Co-op near by, I will try to enlist some of thier help. They have a meeting next weekend. Though, I will be at the NHGTG, a local member should will be there.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I am going to restart the poll... somehow the poll got messed up transfering to the new software

Status
Not open for further replies.