Feeler - SF Bay Area/ NorCal fall GTG

Are you interested in attending a Fall GTG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goatchs

TDI
2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 3.0L TDI
Too bad...the Richmond/San Pablo warehouse location where the last one was held had a large indoor space.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Yes we know the San Pablo location was awesome but it is no longer being made available to us.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
What is wrong with ANY of the old locations? They arent exactly overflowing with requests...

The guy who managed the complex in San Pablo where we used to have the GTG got fired and lost his house as a result of the @$$hole from San Diego who screwed it up for all of us last fall, Peter. That's why we can't go back there. Andrew has had a full plate as of late. I'm patient.

Give the guy some slack, now. If it doesn't happen this fall, it doesn't happen. We'll get it back on track.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
The guy who managed the complex in San Pablo where we used to have the GTG got fired and lost his house as a result of the @$$hole from San Diego who screwed it up for all of us last fall, Peter. That's why we can't go back there. Andrew has had a full plate as of late. I'm patient.

Give the guy some slack, now. If it doesn't happen this fall, it doesn't happen. We'll get it back on track.
somebody needs to sick the guys on 4chan onto that asshat

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Wait, what? So some jerk messed up a guys life, for what? What did anyone do to him? Please PM me. This is not the place to air it out.

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Yeah, I remember that guy. Very strange charactor, the type of person that uses the system and lawyers to screw & ruin it for all others with no regard.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
No, Andrew deleted it.

IIRC, the person was also banned from TDIClub.com.
He is an angry petty theiving little man, who I'm sure still watches the forums if he doesn't have a new alias already.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
He is an angry petty theiving little man, who I'm sure still watches the forums if he doesn't have a new alias already.
I'm the SPAM moderator on a forum that uses phpBB software and I can ban by username, email address and IP address. I'd guess that the vBulletin software allows the same or very similar capabilities so just using a different username might not work.

NomadMac

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen S
I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't play one on TV, but I think his issues went beyond being just purely disagreaable personality traits as I indicated earlier.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Gentlemen,

It is not worth my time (or anyone's time) to give attention to the "other" fellow from San Diego. I am also quite sure he still lurks as a guest on occasion. So I suggest we all refrain from any discussion of him. Simply because that would be giving him "attention" and "satisfaction".

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Gentlemen,

It is not worth my time (or anyone's time) to give attention to the "other" fellow from San Diego. I am also quite sure he still lurks as a guest on occasion. So I suggest we all refrain from any discussion of him. Simply because that would be giving him "attention" and "satisfaction".
Eloquently stated...word to the wise, keep it pleasant.

That said, I have not hesitated to tell people what I think of them both at a GTG and here on the forums.

Although, I have all of the necessary licensing and insurance in place, so I have very little to be concerned about.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Perhaps we need to start doing a screening/vetting process before we let anyone into the GTG...

trafly

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Just in case I missed it, is the chance for a GTG in N. Ca dead for the time being? I'm interested in a clutch job (if that is even possible at a GTG, possibly a tune and injectors. For a 2003.
Thx

cme4lyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB TDi
Drivbiwire, Feb 2007:

oldpoopie, Aug 2007:
Funny, I thought Drivbiwire did 21 at my place but I'll go with 17 if that's what he posted.

That was quite a GTG, the good 'ol days as we might say.

Someone step up, all I had was a 2 car garage and Pete wrenched continually. We don't need anything fancy....

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Sounds like you just volunteered! ;)
I have held modest TDI and moto tech days at my house, in south Berkeley. It's always fun and the neighbors get a kick out of serious geeks working on their rigs. But it's a narrow street, no shop space, really not suited to a large gathering.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think that is the situation of the vast majority. I was hoping that once Frankencar got everything set up in his area, a GTG could be there.

deegingerkid

TDI
I think that is the situation of the vast majority. I was hoping that once Frankencar got everything set up in his area, a GTG could be there.
I wouldn't count on him. If you knew just how many cars he's got at his house and how little garage space is unoccupied....I don't see it happening there, sadly. I'd say that once Matt and I are legal we might be able to pull one off....but the guy who we rent the shop from is less than comfortable with people who aren't mechanics being around the lifts and all...insurance reasons.

AND, there's not enough parking. Trust me.

This whole GTG idea may feel dead, but I'll lay good money it's not. Just on hiatus.

Dennis, how about you organize something? ;););)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm too busy closing down my late mother's house! I'm going to be transferring the phone number to my cell phone today (it's been our phone number since 1959). Tomorrow I'm going down to the house to haul another load on the trailer back up here, then repeating it again on Saturday & Sunday. Haven't determined what days next week I'll be down there; probably most of them, trying to get finished before Thanksgiving week.

I no longer have a workshop as it is now just crammed full of stuff to be gone through deciding what to keep, toss, donate, or sell.

deegingerkid

TDI
I'm too busy closing down my late mother's house! I'm going to be transferring the phone number to my cell phone today (it's been our phone number since 1959). Tomorrow I'm going down to the house to haul another load on the trailer back up here, then repeating it again on Saturday & Sunday. Haven't determined what days next week I'll be down there; probably most of them, trying to get finished before Thanksgiving week.

I no longer have a workshop as it is now just crammed full of stuff to be gone through deciding what to keep, toss, donate, or sell.
That's quite the situation there. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Let me know if there's any help I can provide. I'm willing and able. I don't know where here and there is, but if not excessive....:)

I didn't mean for you to take that seriously. I know how the storing and sorting goes. My parents are still dealing with my dad's mom's stuff from 18 months ago.