Feeler - PDX GTG this Spring?

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hello Portland!

My neighbor Pat (1FSTVW) and I have been knocking around the idea of hosting a Portland GTG this spring to kick off the season.

This post is mainly to gauge interest and perhaps narrow down the date (April or May). We're thinking about wrenching, food and fun (same as usual).

I'm in SW Portland (off Hall Blvd. near Washington Square mall). Any interest? Let's hear it.

EDIT - OK, folks might come. Would Saturday, April 26th or Saturday, May 3rd be more appealing?

EDIT 2 GTG is on:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2081785#post2081785

Last edited:

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Thom,

You found me out! Sorry to hear the wagon is going, but it's replacement is very nice.

Heck, you can bring that shiny new CDI to make the rest of us drool...it's still a diesel!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
miss_sissyrae said:
How many people generally show up for these GTGs?
Thousands...

Well, not quite thousands, actually. More like hundreds.

Well... Maybe 10-50, depending on the weather.

Al, this sounds like a great idea. Early May or Late April works best for me.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Thom is still around?

A CDI:D And what body did you have it wrapped it?

I'd drive down just say hello.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I'd love to come... If it's a day that I'm not racing:)

Maybe have it on a Saturday so those of us that want to can head over to PIR for some night racing?:D

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
buckweat diesel said:
im in if you want to have it at fix um haus like last year;)
Marcel,

I'm certainly not trying to compete with you and Rich for the TDI GTG crown in Portland!:p Do you guys want to host again in Spring?

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
I'm in! I'm in!!!!!:D:D:D

Woo Hoo! I've been jonesing for a PDX GTG.:eek:

As long as there is enough lead time so I can ask for the day off. I work every weekend unless I request not to (and nobody else in my dept. has beaten me to it). Gotta love retail.......:rolleyes:

April 26th or May 3rd or 10th would be a good place to start.

Jory, will this interfere with your Spring Fling?

I want to be greedy and go to both if I'm able.;)

I'm a happy Keli.:)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Keli_OR said:
I'm in! I'm in!!!!!:D:D:D

Woo Hoo! I've been jonesing for a PDX GTG.:eek:

As long as there is enough lead time so I can ask for the day off. I work every weekend unless I request not to (and nobody else in my dept. has beaten me to it). Gotta love retail.......:rolleyes:

April 26th or May 3rd or 10th would be a good place to start.

Jory, will this interfere with your Spring Fling?

I want to be greedy and go to both if I'm able.;)

I'm a happy Keli.:)
If anyone else has beaten you to the day, we will send out a few friends to make them an offer they can't refuse.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Keli, et al,

I am planning on hosting a GTG in-between the PDX one and Eric's monthly GTG in BC. You get your date settled and Eric and I will coordinate so that we will not have two going on in the same month. I would like to get all of the great TDIers from down south and from the greater BC area together. Both are great groups and offer a much different point of view. A great blend.

Jorry (whatnxt)

michael.

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K, silver
Now that I'm not coaching anymore... weekends are mine! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

And if there are not too many other GTG's I've considered hosting one @ our new house. We have a cul-de-sac, Vassault Park just down the hill, Ruston Way, Point Defiance Park/Zoo... Man I love Tacoma:D

michael.

thom - where can I find your wagon?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
June/July/August I can make it--May we're doing our 6800 mile road trip (pretty much traveling the US perimeter ;)).
Still, would love to make it!
-BB

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Saturdays are always tough for me, but I sure will do my best to be there

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
April 26th works better for me... I have a race up here in Bremerton on May 3rd.

I hope i can make it, I always really enjoy the TDI crowd I meet in Portland!!:)

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Count me in! Either date works for me. I've never been to one of these, are there rules or a secret handshake? :cool:

I have a TDI if that helps...

1FSTVW

TDI
Golf GL, 99.5, Indigo
Let's do this thing, weather permiting we could even fire up the cue and do dogs and or burgers, a little tater salad, baked beans, ect. ect. And of coarse, chew the fat a little!

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
1FSTVW said:
Let's do this thing, weather permiting we could even fire up the cue and do dogs and or burgers, a little tater salad, baked beans, ect. ect. And of coarse, chew the fat a little!
Gee, I can tell that this is a GTG Newbie. For TDI GTG's, we are just like the US Post Office, neither rain, nor sleet....... Take a look at the GTGs at Eric's in the snow. :D

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmmmmm.......

Now all I have to do is figure out what car project to work on.
That I can afford.:rolleyes:

What the heck, it'll be an excuse to get something and install it. I think I'm good for most maintenance. I could use an oil change though. And new wiper blades. Maybe I'll have my new windshield by then.
How about the mobile tint guy?

The possibilities are endless-

:DKeli

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
I'd like to drill and tap my manifold for an EGT gauge. I'll also want to put the EGR cooler back on. Does anyone have the coolant hoses required for it?

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
1FSTVW said:
What you mean GTG newbie? I was refering to conditions for outdoor barbequeing pal.
The first GTG I ever went to was in December and we were indeed barbecueing outside in the cold rain. Of course we huddled underneath a popup shelter to eat.

But we could always do coldcuts and soup in a crock pot or something like that as a back up plan.

:)Keli

1FSTVW

TDI
Golf GL, 99.5, Indigo
Yupper I remember that GTG, It was a cold wet one for sure. Is Caddy Shack still out there? We will figure out the food thing for sure.