Feeler on selling 2015 Passat SE 6spmanual

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Curious what kind of demand there is on my 2015 Passat SE 6sp manual, 56k miles. I've been looking online but not seeing many out there. Even though they are not being made anymore.

Is there still a demand for them or not? Not ready to sell yet. Due to health issues I many be selling it this summer.
I am second owner, bought during the recall/redo fiasco. I'd say more, but as I'm not ready to sell just looking for opinions or ideas. great car

thanks Couleetdi

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
Curious what kind of demand there is on my 2015 Passat SE 6sp manual, 56k miles. I've been looking online but not seeing many out there. Even though they are not being made anymore.

Is there still a demand for them or not? Not ready to sell yet. Due to health issues I many be selling it this summer.
I am second owner, bought during the recall/redo fiasco. I'd say more, but as I'm not ready to sell just looking for opinions or ideas. great car

thanks Couleetdi
They aren’t “widely” Desired but their rarity makes them more valuable than most cars their age, and the right buyer knows how valuable they are. They’ve got fantastic warranties to 162K miles and get 45-50+ mpg on the dieselgate tune. Deleted they are capable of 50-55+.

if you post it, it will sell.

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
They aren’t “widely” Desired but their rarity makes them more valuable than most cars their age, and the right buyer knows how valuable they are. They’ve got fantastic warranties to 162K miles and get 45-50+ mpg on the dieselgate tune. Deleted they are capable of 50-55+.

if you post it, it will sell.
Thanks Golf. Appreciate your great advice. Have a great weekend

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
also regional price if RUG vs Diesel is putting a squeeze on any benefit 40-50MPG could provide.

3.00 for RUG, 4.70 for D2, ooooofffff!

steves96tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6sp, 2003 Jetta TDI GLS 5 sp, 2014 Passat SE 6sp VW Buy Back
I just checked Sam's Club in Frederick, MD., reg is 2.99, diesel is 3.76, not to bad!

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
Our regular unleaded and diesel usually run about 5 cents a liter above or below each other, at the peak in the last year the gap was 95 cents, at about Cdn $2.70. Gap now 15 cents and diesel about Cdn $1.80.

I don’t drive much annually since retirement so been thinking of moving out of the diesel. 126,000kms, VW full warranty for over 15 months, plus whatever dieselgate left. I haven’t had Stage 2 done yet.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
man and here I was thinking the Irving refinery in St John was squeezing the entire North East market, but seeing you maritimers aren't getting the screws to you, my only other thought is they will charge what the market will support, absolutely crazy.

ugenetoo

Veteran Member
TDI
Two 03 wagons one 03 sedan All manual TDIs
$3.90 for diesel at Whitey's market Oakfield exit off I95.
The Irving down the street usually matches that.

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
Cdn$2.70= US$1.97 per liter x 3.78= US$7.45 per US gallon. Hope it doesn’t go back there.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
$3.90 for diesel at Whitey's market Oakfield exit off I95.
The Irving down the street usually matches that.
Stay away from the Midcoast. Along Rt 1 from Brunswick to Bucksport was pretty much all above $5 which is stupid seeing Bucksport is such a huge terminal shipping hub.

Still solid mid high $4s in central NH. This can't be "home heating oil demand" driving up pump prices. Local HHO delivered is 3.69 . . . . Save $1/gall filling at home?

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
AZ is around $4.60 for regular and $4.60 for diesel. Have even seen diesel cheaper than gas at 3-4 stations over the last few days. Can't tell you the last time I saw that...

As for the Passat, I'll write you a check for $8k right now ;)

ugenetoo

Veteran Member
TDI
This is a general rule of thumb:
Go to CNN/Money/Commodities.
Check out the heating oil Henry Hub price and add $1 to arrive at the approximate price you SHOULD be paying for on road diesel with all the additions such as fed tax, state tax, transportation, distributor mark up and pump mark up.
Higher tax states will pay more.

eugene89us

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium
@ugenetoo Great information! It is listed at $2.70. Our pump price here at Sam's Club is $3.65, so the price is spot on! But Mississippi also does not tax the heck out of its fuel, nor do we have special fuel like what California has. Not sure if their special "gasoline" also means their diesel is "special". There was a John Stossel report of that and why CA fuel prices are so crazy high.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This is a general rule of thumb:
Go to CNN/Money/Commodities.
Check out the heating oil Henry Hub price and add $1 to arrive at the approximate price you SHOULD be paying for on road diesel with all the additions such as fed tax, state tax, transportation, distributor mark up and pump mark up.
Higher tax states will pay more.
Oh I know, family members are HHO dealers and watch the spot market like a hawk.

That's why it's baffling at how street prices can sustain $2-$3 spread.

In Maine there was a shortage of K2 earlier in the season they were actually rationing K2 at the rack, with allotments.

moon1234

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6MT, 2015 Audi A3 Premium Plus TDI DSG

thanks Couleetdi
2015 is the more desirable year. If it has only had phase one done it is more valuable. A buyer can do phase two when they get close to the 11 years or 162k miles and then they get an additional 5 years of 60k miles additional warranty. People who ran out to have have phase two done right away three away extra warranty.

ugenetoo

Veteran Member
TDI
Whitey's Market, Oakfield Maine, as of yesterday, on road, $3.48.
Irving Circle K down the street, on road, $3.45.
Local HHO dealer as of this morning off road/Home heating oil, $3.54. Add $.055 for sales tax to off road.

CRAYCRAY, eh?

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
2015 is the more desirable year. If it has only had phase one done it is more valuable. A buyer can do phase two when they get close to the 11 years or 162k miles and then they get an additional 5 years of 60k miles additional warranty. People who ran out to have have phase two done right away three away extra warranty.
Precisely the route I am taking. At 100K now, stealership gently nudges me to do Phase II every time I come for oil change.