Feeler for this summer's Mid-Michigan GTG - July 27th

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I had fun although I didn't stay long. Thanks Marty for hosting this nice event!

Thank you Mark although we didn't really tackle anything big.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Sorry to have missed this last hurrah for the great GTG's hosted by Mr & Mrs Jettah. I've been 2-wheeling out west and on my way back to Michigania. Kirk...I have been putting lots of miles on a K75RT I picked up last summer. Mark, hope to see you soon as the weeds at the deer camp up north are probably getting over the windowsills.:(
--John Deikis

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Made it back to Portland, just came through the door and hitting the sack. Thanks all for a wonderful GTG; it's always great to see new faces and meet up with old friends. It really makes me wish I had come to some of the earlier ones.
Night all!
-BB

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Good times...Good times!
Enjoyed myself immensely, as usual. Sorry we didn't get the TB done Pedro but we did get the cam looked at and it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. I've decided the Beetle really needs suspension work, well, that and the roads too :rolleyes: but it'll be a little cheaper to do the Beetle :eek: After loading the gallons of waste G12+++++ it got a little squirrelly from time to time with lots of sloshing but the tanker made it even with a stop to check out J.P. on the side of 127. Hope you got that sorted out J.P. I think I need to check the time stamp here too. There's no way I was up at OMG3:30 yesterday although it was unGodly early for me. No KKs and no coffee all day but some really interesting grapefruit beer :cool:.
Thanks to our lovely and talented hosts for the great time (again!) Gonna miss the atmosphere of rural Livingston county but all good things must come to an end eventually :( Can't say enough good things about Marty and Sandy and all they've done for the community. Now, back to the real world...

legoleg

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks Marty for hosting! It was great to meet people there and get some good information :) I'm glad I made it, thanks again! :)

Oleg

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Agree, good times for sure - another great GTG - thank-you Marty and Sandy for hosting again, and Sandy for all your hard work, preparation of food, putting up with us tramping in and out.

A very enjoyable time, as I mostly socialized this year - enjoyed chatting with everyone.

Hope to see some candids from Robert (251)?

thanks again,

Kirk

PS - we missed Lew

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Thanks to Marty & Sandy for hosting. I had a great time as always. Thanks to Jason & Alicia for letting me crash with them. I arrived home safely at 1pm this afternoon.

looking forward to Whitbreads gtg this fall, and Kirks gtg whenever he decides to have it. :D

Aaron

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
We were home around midnight, but right to bed.

We had a GREAT time. Nice to see familiar faces, and to chat with everyone.

I'm gonna miss the annual jaunt to the wilds of Fowlerville! Marty and Sandy, thanks for being awesome hosts! DO NOT be hermits, come to other GTGs and relax.......

J.P.

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 05 b5.5V/6spd w/274k miles (daily). Silver 02 Golf/5spd w/240k miles (fun 1). Mint Tornado Red 01 Golf/5spd w/440k (ALH still perfect!!!).
Grateful to make this one!

I had an excellent time and it was really good to see familiar faces and meet new ones.

Thank you Marty and Sandy! You are excellent hosts and I greatly appreciate your willingness to host these events for many years.

Thank you to all who shared their expertise on my car, especially Frank06, Growler, and Chris.

Thanks for the grapefruit beer R90sKirk!

JP

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Thanks to Marty & Sandy for hosting. I had a great time as always. Thanks to Jason & Alicia for letting me crash with them. I arrived home safely at 1pm this afternoon.

looking forward to Whitbreads gtg this fall, and Kirks gtg whenever he decides to have it. :D

Aaron

Actually, it's the other way around. Matt and I discussed me doing a fall one and him doing a spring one (west side, east side)

More thoughts to come in a GTG thread in a couple of weeks.

Kirk

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Thanks so much Sandy and Marty for hosting and all the hard work that come with such an undertaking. Thanks so much also for your hospitality. It was very nice to see several old faces and to be acquainted with new people as well. Hoping and looking forward to making out to to a future GTG.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Well, an era ends with Marty's (and Sandy's) 10th GTG being their last! As usual it was great although this one had more socializing and less heavy wrenching going on unlike previous versions.

Many thanks to Marty and Sandy for opening up the barn so the TDI faithful could gather one last time! :)

Thanks to Kirk and Matt looks like the Michigan 'TDI Epicenter' will now be split into a west and east division but at least the MI GTG tradition will continue...

Yeah, know you want to see the pictures so here they are:

Hmmm - what's that white rectangle above the Cyber Green NB's front plate?

Blessed indeed to have gone so many miles - and to have more to go!!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

Frank06 groupies lined up by his bench as he tests another nozzle...

The Paramedick consults with Dr. Rocketchip...

Wheel bearing changeout on an A4 Jetta hovering on the lift...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

No explanation required for us veteran MI GTG attendees - what a blast from the past!

Debugging a Bug...

Different (scarier? happier?) crowd by Frank's bench later in the day...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

"Hey, is that a TDI I see?" Actually it is Whitbread literally making a point...

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Nice pics Robert. You forgot to mention our Visit by Aaron of Boraparts in the last photo. was great to have him in attendance all the way from Oregon.

Last edited:

JETaah

TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Thank you all for your participation. It truly has given me great pleasure to host these events over the years.
:D:D:D:D

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I am so glad we made it to the last one as it was the best one I have ever been to. Marty and Sandy made both me and my wife so welcome.

On to the east west split now.

fricknbug99

TDI
99 beetle tdi 5 speed,2013 passat se tdi dsg
I Had never been able to go to a Get together. Marty Had done a TB and other work on Beetle years back. I'm really happy I could come and see Some of the nicest people that share an intrest and skills to help others in need. Thanks, Marty & Sandy

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Marty, Thanks for everything. You are the best!

It was my pleasure to help a few guys out.

Hey...I never saw any grapefruit beer!

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I'm going to bring some Québécois beer next. Amazingly it can be found in Horrocks, Battle Creek

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
Marty and Sandy, thank you very much for the all the GTGs. I had a blast at the final two.

Bruce and Eric, the help with the skidplate, Frostheater, and advice was invaluable. Thank you so much as well.

I'm sorry that the end has to come, but hopefully Kirk and Whitbread can keep the events going.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4251046&postcount=223

Probably the only Audi Quattro TDI wagon in Michigan at time photo was taken. Yes, it's TDIMeister's ride - and a sweet one to boot!
Thanks for the pics and for saving us a spot! ;)

We had a great time in the Pacific Northwest and we are glad that you all had a great time at Marty's! :D

Speaking of pics, I uploaded a bunch of pics from the trip in our Road Trip thread.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at TDIFest! :cool:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hi guys. Today, I discovered a missing toolkit. Eric was using this. The last place we saw it was at Marty's.

It is a gray, folding plastic Craftsman toolbox. It is a fitted toolbox with only metric tools in it. Top section has screwdrivers, extensions, pliers, metric wrenches.

If you have seen it or have it, I am desperate to have it back. They no longer make the all metric tool set, so I cannot replace it.

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited:

JETaah

TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Bruce,,
Get hold of Whitbead... I remember us stragglers finding a tool kit and someone made a phone call to see if it was their's. More than that I can not say. I don't see it around here.