Feeler: 97 B4 Passat with BONUS parts car!

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
Feeler: 97 B4 Passat with B4V parts car in Maryland

I'm thinking about getting out of the B4 game, much to my sadness. The main vehicle is a 97 B4 sedan, Windsor Blue (mostly), with something over 200k mikes (The odometer stuck on 149k a while ago - have the VR6 cluster for the MFC upgrade).

• The engine and transmission were in good shape with about 20k on a rebuilt starter and 40k on the last TB change. Still pulled like a champ.
  • Motor mounts and damper need replacing, and the alternator bracket/tensioner system is a temporary fix (Thanks, 1stvwparts:mad:)
  • Steering is good, suspension needs replacement - new parts come with the car)
  • LF door is Storm Grey - bought a "blue" door over the internet:( and couldn't afford to replace. I still have teh proper color mirror and trim strip) Door has typical regulator issues.
  • Body has minimal rust - surface spots and a poorly repainted trunk. Plenty of stone dings from driving in the DC area, and remains of a small fender-bender at the RF wheel well and trim.
  • AC and heater don't work - expansion valve on one, leaking core on the other.
  • Interior is missing headliner and upholstery is dirty, but is all there with no major rips/tears
  • Tow hitch installed
Now, for the "good" part. I bought a 95 B4V GLX for the upgrades, but I never got to doing the swap outs. The car has EVERYTHING to upgrade the running B4: suspension, leather interior, MFC, steering, wheels, good RF fender (it is green). It's a GLX upgrade package "on the hoof". It also has the engine, a GOOD 01m auto tranny, and various other parts that I had intended to sell but never did. It will roll, but will not run. It's also missing some parts (LR door and sunroof are the large ones) that I sold off. It has rust issues, which might be repairable, but that's not why I bought it.

The intent was to put both in the garage and just swap parts over all at once, but it never happened. It's a great opportunity for someone with a little time and space - the dings can be repaired while the interior is out, and the mounts fixed during the suspension swap. It also comes with various B4 parts I have accumulated - some brake disks, wiring harnesses, etc.

I'm thinking $2500 is a reasonable price for the whole package. It needs a few parts and lots of elbow grease, but it would make a sweet ride for someone with the inclination.

I'll posy pics when the weather isn't so miserable. Email me with any questions - I get it much quicker than IM's.

R2.0

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I think you've listed it backward.
Repost it as a future B4 GLX wagon conversion and list the sedan as the engine donor...
When you do upload images, include the wagon among them.

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
I think you've listed it backward.
Repost it as a future B4 GLX wagon conversion and list the sedan as the engine donor...
When you do upload images, include the wagon among them.

Problem - the wagon is a former Michigan car and had rust issues.