Feedback on 2011 golf bluetooth and Nav/radio

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I"ve read all the posts on troubles with 10 models but what feedback is out there on the 2011 Golf. I should be taking delivery on a 11 Golf with upgraded sound, navi etc. I'm planning on using my verizon samsung phone, not a smart phone. I plan on using the hands free, recording a satelite show with the SD card. How is it working out on the new models?

IceRaider360

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf DSG
I don’t have NAV but overall I have been very happy with my RCD510/Bluetooth paired to my Samsung Galaxy Android phone in my 2011 Golf. I can download my phonebook, check the signal strength and see how much battery I have left right on the multifunction display which is really handy. The Bluetooth music sync could be better, being unable to advance tracks with the buttons on the steering wheel or RCD510 is really annoying. The voice quality gets the job done, I haven’t had someone misunderstand me yet but if you are concerned about quality you should get a headset, people have commented on hearing road noise.

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
I"ve read all the posts on troubles with 10 models but what feedback is out there on the 2011 Golf. I should be taking delivery on a 11 Golf with upgraded sound, navi etc. I'm planning on using my verizon samsung phone, not a smart phone. I plan on using the hands free, recording a satelite show with the SD card. How is it working out on the new models?

Don't know about recording a satellite show with the SD card but my iPhone 4 as well as my wife's iPhone 3G work great with the RNS-315 on our 2011 JSW. However, A couple of days back, the navi froze (everything else worked fine) just after I had saved an address to the address book and stayed that way even after I turned off the car and cycled the ignition immediately. After I got to my destination, the car was parked for about an hour and when i restarted the car, everything was back to normal. VCDS did not throw any error codes.

lvfnchs

Veteran Member
TDI
Buyback: Golf TDI 2011 / Now have Golf TDI 2015
I just picked up my 2011 Golf TDI on Saturday, and the Bluetooth is working perfectly so far. It's great how it pairs automatically when I get in the car, and the operation is really easy. Good luck with yours!

m_skena

Veteran Member
TDI
Not Any More!
I've had issues with the bluetooth on my 2k11 JSW, but the dealer claims it's my phone, not the car. Phone is a Sony Xperia, so I'm having a hard time believing them. Guess time will tell.

enki

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW Golf TDI
My bluetooth has worked flawlessly so far. The only issue I ever had with it was when I was on my cell phone outside and my wife went to move the car. Next thing I know, the person I was speaking with disappeared, and my wife yelled at me saying someone was talking to her through the speakers... :D

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
My bluetooth has worked flawlessly so far. The only issue I ever had with it was when I was on my cell phone outside and my wife went to move the car. Next thing I know, the person I was speaking with disappeared, and my wife yelled at me saying someone was talking to her through the speakers... :D
My wife hasn't a clue about technology. I used to screw her up all the time with her GMC Envoy. I have it programed to with the use of the remote to set all functions including seat, radio etc. I would watch her pulling out of the driveway then click my remote as I watched out the window and watched her &%$*#%. I finially stopped when she was gonna make an appointment at the dealer

warbird24

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I think VW has done a very good job with the Bluetooth in this car. Much better than GM has done with the new Camaro. (I own examples of both) My older Motorola Krave works fine with the VW, flawlessly actually. The same phone in the Camaro hardly is worth the effort. I think this is GM's way of saying I should be using their On-Star system which I hate.

NCDiesel001

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan 2011 Golf 2DR HB Manual tranny
I have a 2001 Golf TDI and iPhone 3GS. If I want to play music via HDI cable _and_ use Bluetooth, I have to let Bluetooth pair first then plug the phone into the cable.

Aside from that very minor annoyance(and the gnashing of teeth to figure it out), it has been great!

NCDiesel

NCDiesel001

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan 2011 Golf 2DR HB Manual tranny
I have a 2001 Golf TDI and iPhone 3GS. If I want to play music via HDI cable _and_ use Bluetooth, I have to let Bluetooth pair first then plug the phone into the cable.

Aside from that very minor annoyance(and the gnashing of teeth to figure it out), it has been great!

NCDiesel

2X TDI

TDI
09 JSW; 11 Golf
I have nothing but praise for the integration. I have nav also. The system really surprised me the other day. My daughter was streaming music from her iPhone through the system when my son called MY phone...the system switched the blue tooth connection from her phone to mine and let me answer the call. I thought that was just awesome!

2X TDI

TDI
09 JSW; 11 Golf
I have nothing but praise for the integration. I have nav also. The system really surprised me the other day. My daughter was streaming music from her iPhone through the system when my son called MY phone...the system switched the blue tooth connection from her phone to mine and let me answer the call. I thought that was just awesome!

2X TDI

TDI
09 JSW; 11 Golf