Feb 20th GTG @Dubwerx

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Growler said:
Had a great time at the GTG.. Thanks to everyone for allowing me to hog the one bay all morning. heh.
The benefit to having you in one bay all morning was showing off the assortment of mods you can put on a TDI. Next GTG you should put together labels for all the assorted parts so you wouldn't spend as much time answering questions :)

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
Growler said:
have no idea on the bog down, but iirc the lifter noises started very soon after that, I just was 100% sure it was there when I got home. glad i had the cam & lifters in the hatch and Glen had the ALH TB kit handy, and the tools for changing the crank seal...

pretty sure even tho i threw $500 in parts at the car, I saved myself many headaches by not waiting.
I wonder if that had anything to do with the white smoke we saw when you took me for a ride?

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf 4-door, 2005 Passat Wagon
Nash_TDI said:
He knows it awesome lol. It was awesome to see/hear the tires lose traction in 1st, 2nd, and maybe even a little in 3rd...I had always heard they could do it with the proper mods, just never saw it.

But then again, the pavement was a little wet...

I kid, i kid. As far as mods, I'll be busy for the next several years trying to keep up with Nash and Growler!

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
CoJoNEs said:
anyone have some pics of the event they can put up?
ive got a few of nash's car and someones golf on the lift, and as for growlers car it was spinning through 3rd gear, i was loving it haha