Favorite Truck Stop

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Reactions: Ton

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Worst I had was driving in Oklahoma at around 1:30 am with the neighbor's jacked up chromed out Duramax pulling a trailer. The neighbor had warned us that the fuel runs out at 1/4 tank, but my mom was driving and didn't notice it until it was below a quarter... We were near Tulsa at the time, and I began to drive, as she didn't want to drive in Tulsa with the truck pulling a trailer... Finally I saw a sign for a fuel station with diesel, so I swung in and there was a car parked "fueling up". I noticed some people back in the darkness slinking behind the station, but didn't think much of that. But, I put the "fueling up" in quotes, because when I tried to fuel up, I realized that this station was closed... Then the hick kid on the other side of the pump, who was eyeing me strange by this time, broke out with his Oklahoma drawl "Nice truuck. Y'all ain't from 'round here, are ya?" I admitted I wasn't, and he informed me the station was closed. I took off as fast as possible and continued to try to find an open station with diesel. Next one I found was the east side of Tulsa, several blocks off the highway and they had diesel. I had cash with me to pay for the fuel, so I went in first and put money down, as I came back out, an old man who looked like he must have had AIDS, by the sores on his face, who was dressed in a hoodie, even though it was summer time approached me and asked if I was going towards tenth street. I wasn't, and quickly went back to the truck and pumped the fuel. This was while I was 17 so I wasn't carrying, but I had a flashlight and cell phone, which I discovered when my shirt was over them, it looked like a handgun. So when I went back in to get my change, I made sure my hand was over that "gun" when I came back out, the old man with the raspy voice and many sores was gone.
The next day, our friends in Bartlesville informed us that Tulsa has the most carjackings of any city in the USA... I think someone was looking out for us!
As an edit to this... I told this story to an officer friend of mine and he immediately said "he wanted to either buy or sell meth"
He explained that in druggie lingo "tenth Street" is a tenth of a gram. His face covered in sores likely meant he was an active user and was trying to buy some.
It was kinda interesting hearing the explanation.

• Wow
Reactions: Ton

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta
The Love's in Tom's Brook,VA has clean bathrooms. Something that can be hard to find in a truckstop.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
As an edit to this... I told this story to an officer friend of mine and he immediately said "he wanted to either buy or sell meth"
He explained that in druggie lingo "tenth Street" is a tenth of a gram. His face covered in sores likely meant he was an active user and was trying to buy some.
It was kinda interesting hearing the explanation.
Interesting.. and thanks for the story, although I’m a bit late to the party, lol.